Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autograph party for the Twins..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I wish the Mariners would do something like this..

It's party time in Twins Territory! Join current Twins along with Twins legends for a day of family fun on the Qwest Metrodome Plaza Saturday, June 20.

Entry to the event is FREE, however, the purchase of an autograph card is required to receive as many player autographs as possible during the autograph sessions. Autograph cards are $30 in advance; $35 the day of the event IF autograph cards remain (last year's cards sold out fast!). The card includes a two-for-one Upper Club ticket coupon ($22-$27 value) to any 2009 regular season Twins home game from June 20 to September 20. (Subject to availability.)

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Twins may be the most fan friendly autograph team in all of Pro Sports. They have this autograph party during the season. Then the big 3 day Twinsfest in winter. When most teams if they even have a fanfest event do it for 1 day maybe 2. But go read Neshek board after one of these events and you will still find some Twins fans crying like babies about something they didn't like about the event. They don't know how good they got it.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Typically all the current players except for that day's starting pitcher sign. Former Twins sign later in the day. Killebrew, Oliva, Carew are usually there. Other usuals include guys who still live in the area--Gladden, Hrbek, Blyleven, sometimes Steinbach and Molior will show. The vets list will get fleshed out closer to the date.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks for posting. Glad to see it's the 20th as I had been hoping it wouldn't be June 27 since I know I'll be out of town.

Alex

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
UMich92 said:
Thanks for posting. Glad to see it's the 20th as I had been hoping it wouldn't be June 27 since I know I'll be out of town.

Alex

Sadly, June 20 is also the date for Rock the Garden at the Sculpture Garden (rock music next to a giant spoon and cherry!), so I will not be attending the Auto Party.

Craig

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Greg Cleveland said:
Who's playing at Rock the Garden?

The Decemberists, Calexico, Yeasayer, and Solid Gold. I love all those bands, but am particularly excited to see The Decemberists do their most recent album The Hazards of Love front to back.

Craig

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
THE GIANT SPOON AND CHERRY!!!

That is where my wife and I went on our honeymoon. My favorite is the giant glass fish!

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
I remember when the autograph party was a smaller gathering of fans. You only had to wait a few minutes for the lesser guys and maybe an hour for the biggies. Now, if you wait for Mauer and Morneau, thats all you get unless you have accomplices. Again, I wont complain, because you have the chance, but even for Nick Punto, half of minneapolis shows up.

Its better just to wait until they sign at the pro shop, and go to these for the biggies that dont do that.

However, after meeting Mauer and Morneau maybe 4 times, I think I have all I need. If I can make it, I will definitely try for Liriano, Span, and Swarzak if he is there.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Gellman said:
I remember when the autograph party was a smaller gathering of fans. You only had to wait a few minutes for the lesser guys and maybe an hour for the biggies. Now, if you wait for Mauer and Morneau, thats all you get unless you have accomplices. Again, I wont complain, because you have the chance, but even for Nick Punto, half of minneapolis shows up.
Its better just to wait until they sign at the pro shop, and go to these for the biggies that dont do that.

However, after meeting Mauer and Morneau maybe 4 times, I think I have all I need. If I can make it, I will definitely try for Liriano, Span, and Swarzak if he is there.

Hey hey hey now, no knocking the Punto. :)

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Gellman said:

:lol: :lol: So true. That's one of the reasons why I have yet to go to the Autograph Party, though it does seem like a fun event.

The Twins are great with promotional events. Along with their various events, they really know how to market their bobblehead days and some other ticket specials.

I haven't really gone to many Twins games/promo events the past 2 years, though. To anyone that has gone recently, have Mauer/Morneau stopped signing? I remember their RC year and even the 2nd year, they were signing frequently, especially Mauer after the game. I would imagine that they are still friendly like always and smiling, but for such huge stars here, I'm not sure just how much they could sign for everyone.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
Gellman said:

:lol: :lol: So true. That's one of the reasons why I have yet to go to the Autograph Party, though it does seem like a fun event.

The Twins are great with promotional events. Along with their various events, they really know how to market their bobblehead days and some other ticket specials.

I haven't really gone to many Twins games/promo events the past 2 years, though. To anyone that has gone recently, have Mauer/Morneau stopped signing? I remember their RC year and even the 2nd year, they were signing frequently, especially Mauer after the game. I would imagine that they are still friendly like always and smiling, but for such huge stars here, I'm not sure just how much they could sign for everyone.

Thats a big negative, its Twinsfest, Auto Party and thats it from what I can tell. Maybe you might get lucky one other time during the year.

I also love how we talk about twice a year as a bad thing. Not like any other team. I wish the Vikings took some hints!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
People thought Mauer was nuts last year? Good luck this year! :lol:

Wherever there are Twins game jerseys being auctioned off... I'll be there.

Wherever there are dome dogs... I'll be there.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I went last year. If I remember correctly I think I got Morneau, Tolbert, Molitor, & Coomer.

Like Twinsfest, the lines for the big names are huge!