Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Team Box Break Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Do you guys think this would work with baseball.

Nate started this on the football boards. I think we could use his rules and modify them to our liking.

Heres how these breaks are going to work:

You sign up for a team and you get that team in every one of our Treasure Hunters box breaking group breaks until you let that spot go. However if you let the spot go and someone else signs up for that team they will have ownership of that team for as long as they want.

We will be doing at least 1 mixed box break a month. I will announce the boxes that we'll be doing at the first of the month. Then the money will be due within a week or two of filling it up. Once the break is finished we'll discuss what boxes we're going to get for the next month. We still have to fill 16 slots so once everyone has signed up i'll open it up to the public. You can get multiple slots as well.

This is our monthly group. When you sign up for a team you have the rights to that team in every break. We will be doing mixed boxes every month. Also will be doing cases when something special is out or the group decides. We will vote and discuss boxes before the 1st of the month. Anyone can sign up as long as the team you want is there!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
caseumsd6 said:
I like the idea Andrew, esp if we do chrome products.

It would be up to the group. Just like the regular case breaks but you get your team no matter what.

I would still do my normal group breaks.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
All In Cards said:
caseumsd6 said:
I like the idea Andrew, esp if we do chrome products.

It would be up to the group. Just like the regular case breaks but you get your team no matter what.

I would still do my normal group breaks.

I almost think it would need to be a mix of some vet products if you did chrome (prospect) products. We as a group would need to do a breakdown of what we saw of interest and what would give us the best somewhat equal chance to possibly pull the players from our team. For example, if you do a certain bowman chrome year and product and your favorite team is the Pirates, you may only have a chance to pull 2 cards while someone that has the Yankees could pull up to 20+ cards making the prices of teams equal for each would not be fair at all.

Unless you priced it according to the market value of the team and cards in that product. Yankees plus a few other teams will command more of a premium in certain products therefore the price should be adjusted accordingly opposed to someone that has the Royals or Pirates. If everything was considered equal, in this case, the Yankees would probably be my new favorite team. :D

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Ill take the rangers as long as the boxes are split between prospect, veteran and HOF.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Yeah its hard to fill all 30 teams, as would be in football when I started it. Thats why I did 16 slots and everyone gets a 2nd team randomized. This makes it fun because you always get your team's stuff and you get chances at other teams. However with the baseball population on this board you may be able to fill 30 teams.

I could be in for the cubs or astros :)

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
Depending on price I Will take Diamondbacks. Plus if there were a few player collectors from same team. They could go halves and get thier team. IMO

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
We still need to work out some details before we go ahead with this.

Do teams need to weighted different on certain products or just keep the same price across the board for everyone?

What will we do if not every team is filled. Each month we open the list back up for the teams that dont have a member yet and until we fill those slots, we randomly pick who gets that team for that one month and so on.

But what if that person does not want to pay for the 2nd team? Lots of things need to be worked out.

I am going to talk to Ryo/nate and see how he handles the football side of things.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
Andrew, as we do on the TC deal, I would recommend maybe 2 persons per team for a split so that those teamns that have a lot of collectors will have a chance.

I would be in for Yankees and Rays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts