Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AWESOME MAILDAY! Recieved my end of a trade w/ Brad Ziegler!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Ok, Story time first....

Back in Mid February I pulled the Brad Ziegler Red 1/1 from 2008 Bowman Draft. I was inquiring about its value on here and a few people informed me he buys his own stuff. So I list it on ebay with a high BIN in hopes to make a bit of dough off of it.

Meanwhile, a member PM's me with his email address suggesting maybe I should try to work something out with him off ebay to save on fees. So I email him and late that night he emails me back saying he's interested. We exchange a few emails. He says he can get me autographs of mostly anyone on the A's. Then he emails me back saying:

"If any of that interests you, gimme a phone # and I'll call you. My inet is down and I'm doin all this on my phone, which is kinda difficult..."

So I give him my phone number and about 2 minutes later I get a call from "Blocked number". It's Brad. We chatted for honestly about 30-40 minutes. Just discussing possibilities for the deal. He was REALLY cool! Very down to earth guy. We agree loosely to some terms and he says to keep him posted if anything else comes in mind. He says he just wanted me to take it down from ebay. I said no prob and took it down.

We kept in touch and he even called me a couple more times. I just got home from being on the road for a month and a half-ish and I received a package that contained these:

I asked for this from the beginning. He said absolutely no prob.

TravisBuck.jpg

Travis Buck OMLB Sweet Spot

I asked for this too. Obviously, no prob.

BradZiegler.jpg

Brad Ziegler Rawlings Official World Baseball Classic 2009 ball!

I asked for this. He actually said he wasn't going to be able to do this. Something about this guys doesn't really sign a whole bunch or maybe he felt awkward asking him since he was a new teammate. Anyway, I WAS NOT expecting this to be in the package at all!

JasonGiambi.jpg

Jason Giambi OMLB Sweet Spot!

And last, but certainly not least. I took a shot in the dark on asking for this. I told him if he couldn't do it, or even if he felt awkward asking, it's no problem at all. I would totally understand and the deal would still be on. Well he asked and he was able to get it...

DerekJeter.jpg

DEREK JETER RAWLINGS OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I honestly couldn't be happier with this stuff. Its seems like a lot for that card. He was honestly so cool about it though. I'll never forget this experience and the guy seriously now has a fan for life.

In one of our conversations, he was talking about another guy who had another rare card of his who was basically trying to extort stuff from him. I hope he didn't feel that way in our transaction and I asked him. He said he didn't. I approached every conversation with him like a normal person and just asked him very nicely for, what i thought to be, very reasonable stuff and I feel I was rewarded.

Thanks for looking and reading! Comments welcome!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
great story and congrats on the awesome autographs. those WBC balls are sweet looking.

Brad seems like a very cool guy.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Did you supply the baseballs, or did he?
Either way, that was VERY nice of him to ask Jeter and his teammates to sign (regardless of the fact that it was part of a trade. He could have easily said no and offered cash, instead. But, IMO the baseballs are more meaningful).

JG

rctdw

Sep 2, 2008
I have to agree he his a great guy. i havent made a trade or sale to him but last friday when they played the tigers i was talking to him during the rain delay in the bullpen. He was the only A's pitcher that was done to earth and stopped and talked to us for a little while. I'm not saying anything bad about the others cause hey maybe they were just having a bad day it was raining. But I am definitly a fan of his and have alot of respect for him.

Thanks for reading and congrats on your trade.

Ryan

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
trademhigh said:
Did you supply the baseballs, or did he?
Either way, that was VERY nice of him to ask Jeter and his teammates to sign (regardless of the fact that it was part of a trade. He could have easily said no and offered cash, instead. But, IMO the baseballs are more meaningful).

JG

He supplied the baseballs. It really was SO nice of him. He actually offered on asking his (Oakland) teammates. I asked about Jeter while they were WBC teammates. Great guy.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Brad's a pretty cool guy. Went to college with him here in Springfield, MO. When his card came out in draft last year he hosted a busting party at a card shop in the local mall. Was pretty funny, he was offering up signed 8x10's in exchange for any cards of him you pulled.

If anyone talks to him via ebay or phone again, find out if he still has his Ryan Howard collection. They were teammates at Missouri State, and Brad bought tons of Howard when it was super cheap!

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
rookieaddict said:
Brad's a pretty cool guy. Went to college with him here in Springfield, MO. When his card came out in draft last year he hosted a busting party at a card shop in the local mall. Was pretty funny, he was offering up signed 8x10's in exchange for any cards of him you pulled.

If anyone talks to him via ebay or phone again, find out if he still has his Ryan Howard collection. They were teammates at Missouri State, and Brad bought tons of Howard when it was super cheap!

That's awesome. He does still have his Howard cards. He was telling me that he collects him.

Members online

Latest posts