Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats the best way to clean the surface of chrome cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
I know its been posted 100 times but I couldnt find any. I have a card that has finger prints on it that I would like to wipe off.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Brillo pad.

Seriously though, if you can find a glasses lens cloth, like they sell at the WalMart vision center - that works pretty good for me. I also do the warm breath on it first if needed to fog it up before wiping gently.

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
thanks for the info guys. I dont have in micro fiber clothes handy. What Q-tips work?

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
bballcardkid said:
darocker80 said:
LLWesMan said:
trolea1234 said:
I know its been posted 100 times but I couldnt find any. I have a card that has finger prints on it that I would like to wipe off.

Microfiber cloth
+1

Tried toothpaste (without crystals)

Never doing again

I tried that on a Bumgarner refractor. It didn't go so well ::facepalm::
Yup. What happened when you did it?

For me, the tooth paste left this bluish clear part on the chrome and appeared a bit of glitter on it (well it looked like it). I used tooth paste without crystals and going to stick with microfiber cloth.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I use the cleaning cloth used for glasses. They work wonders and don't scratch the surface.

Allen

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Bruin7 said:
I use the cleaning cloth used for glasses. They work wonders and don't scratch the surface.

Allen

At Wal-Mart, they sell Zeiss Lens Cloths up near the optometry section. These cloths are one time use cloths moistened with a little bit of rubbing alcohol. I wear glasses so I keep a supply of these around because they clean better than anything I've ever tried. They work wonders on chrome cards as well.