Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kronwall ejected last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
for a clean hit. Such ******** and definitely a game changer

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
The hit looked fine. Havlat got ROCKED though... looked like was out cold there for a few seconds.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Groat said:
The hit looked fine. Havlat got ROCKED though... looked like was out cold there for a few seconds.

Oh he was. I cant believe he didn't get sliced up with all those skates by his head and arms.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
That hit was sick! Hard to watch a guy with no clue where the heck he is. Reminds me of when Kariya got clocked by Gary Sutter (I think)? When I saw his mask fog up it gave me the chills.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I don't understand why Kronwall was ejected and think it was a clean hit. Havlat could have easily touched the puck and Kronwall had no way to stop.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
As soon as that hit happened, I turned to my buddy and said "There's a concussion". Sure enough, he was down for a while. The hit looked clean, but still sad to see stuff like that happen.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
When you leave your skates and lead with the elbow and hit someone who doesn't have the puck, that's a dirty hit and an ejection. The ref did the right thing there, and Kronwall is lucky he wasn't suspended.

If it were just a matter of Kronwall hitting Havlat when Havlat didn't have the puck, it would have been a 2-minute interference call. Kronwall was ejected because he left his skates and led with the elbow.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
plainwhitejerseys said:
When you leave your skates and lead with the elbow and hit someone who doesn't have the puck, that's a dirty hit and an ejection. The ref did the right thing there, and Kronwall is lucky he wasn't suspended.

If it were just a matter of Kronwall hitting Havlat when Havlat didn't have the puck, it would have been a 2-minute interference call. Kronwall was ejected because he left his skates and led with the elbow.

Havlat had the pick between his legs so he was playing the puck. Kronwall lead with his shoulder and only left his skates after the hit, and I think that was mainly to the fact that Havlat was off his skates as well.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
Brad said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Havlat had the pick between his legs so he was playing the puck. Kronwall lead with his shoulder and only left his skates after the hit, and I think that was mainly to the fact that Havlat was off his skates as well.

The puck was in Havlat's skates, but Havlat didn't have possession of it.

Kronwall led with his elbow, and his skates left the ice because he jumped as he hit Havlat. Watch the freaking video.
[youtube:38efv5jb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqanH27U338[/youtube:38efv5jb]

Kronwall was trying to knock Havlat out. Mission accomplished. Dirty hit, and he's lucky he wasn't suspended for it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Havlat was coming up the boards with the puck, and Kronwall was charging at him. At that fast pace, there's no way for him to know that Havlat wasn't controlling the pack, and it was still under him. So Kronwall hit him. I believe it was a clean hit that ended badly. The elbow only went forward because of momentum and the collision. Just mho.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Havlat was coming up the boards with the puck, and Kronwall was charging at him. At that fast pace, there's no way for him to know that Havlat wasn't controlling the pack, and it was still under him. So Kronwall hit him. I believe it was a clean hit that ended badly. The elbow only went forward because of momentum and the collision. Just mho.

Agreed. He clearly led with his shoulder and the elbow came out after Havlat was falling down.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
Card Magnet said:

"Momentum" doesn't cause your elbow to come up and hit someone in the jaw.

His elbow came up because he jumped and threw his elbow up.

If he was just trying to lay into him with his shoulder, he wouldn't have lost his balance. He wouldn't have shifted his body weight higher in the first place. He would have gotten LOWER and bowled the guy over. He didn't do that. He jumped and led with his elbow because he wanted to knock Havlat out.

This doesn't come from a Hawks fan - I can't stand either team, I LOVE Kronwall and really can't stand Havlat. But there's no denying that it was a REALLY dirty hit, that Kronwall jumped and led with his elbow. He wanted to knock Havlat out of the game if not the series, and he ended up knocking both he and Havlat out of the game.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
plainwhitejerseys said:
Card Magnet said:

If he was just trying to lay into him with his shoulder, he wouldn't have lost his balance. He wouldn't have shifted his body weight higher in the first place. He would have gotten LOWER and bowled the guy over. He didn't do that. He jumped and led with his elbow because he wanted to knock Havlat out.

This doesn't come from a Hawks fan - I can't stand either team, I LOVE Kronwall and really can't stand Havlat. But there's no denying that it was a REALLY dirty hit, that Kronwall jumped and led with his elbow. He wanted to knock Havlat out of the game if not the series, and he ended up knocking both he and Havlat out of the game.
If your arm is coming forward, momentum when your body stops will cause your arm to keep coming forward, and the way your upper body twists also moves your arm at the same time.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
Card Magnet said:
plainwhitejerseys said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1sycvlrl]Havlat was coming up the boards with the puck, and Kronwall was charging at him. At that fast pace, there's no way for him to know that Havlat wasn't controlling the pack, and it was still under him. So Kronwall hit him. I believe it was a clean hit that ended badly. The elbow only went forward because of momentum and the collision. Just mho.

If your arm is coming forward, momentum when your body stops will cause your arm to keep coming forward, and the way your upper body twists also moves your arm at the same time.[/quote:1sycvlrl]

Thanks for making my point for me. His elbow was up because he was getting ready to strike Havlat in the face. After he laid the dirty hit, his arm continued forward while Havlat's head snapped back and hit the ice.

It was a great dirty hit.

Members online

Latest posts