Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Congratulations to Jason Giambi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008
Giambi becomes the 44th player to hit 400 home runs, glad you've finally hit this milestone--and welcome back to Oakland!

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008
bigalexx said:

* or not, he still accomplished the feat. Probably everyone and their mother deserves a * for the past 20 years in baseball anyways. It's all a wash and I hope this damned steroid era's over with soon.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, juice does absolutely nothing at all. I don't know why its even worth discussing ::facepalm::

ThoseBackPages said:
HUGE Juicer.

BUT

Jeremy did MORE than he did.

Juice doesnt make you a BETTER hitter.

case closed

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Yeah, juice does absolutely nothing at all. I don't know why its even worth discussing ::facepalm::

ThoseBackPages said:
HUGE Juicer.

BUT

case closed

He is right, the word he used was BETTER. It doesn't make you a better hitter. A stronger hitter sure, but has nothing to do with contacting the ball. :grouphug:

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
timryan111 said:

ThoseBackPages said:
HUGE Juicer.

BUT

case closed

He is right, the word he used was BETTER. It doesn't make you a better hitter. A stronger hitter sure, but has nothing to do with contacting the ball. :grouphug:
But we are talking about 400 HRs. Do you think that without roids he would've put up the same power numbers?

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
bigalexx said:
timryan111 said:

ThoseBackPages said:
HUGE Juicer.

BUT

case closed

But we are talking about 400 HRs. Do you think that without roids he would've put up the same power numbers?

Absolutely not. He wouldn't have gotten to 400 hr's. Just what TBP said about better I think he was misunderstood. I am in no way defending Giambi or saying he would have the power numbers without whatever he apologized for..

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
congrats to him

and no roids does not make you a better hitter. if you read books buy guys like canseco who have admitted use, they will tell you. it doesnt make you a better hitter, but more confident and less nervous

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Even if true, you can't hit dingers or add to your totals if you're not playing. Steroids = more ABs.

timryan111 said:

ThoseBackPages said:
HUGE Juicer.

BUT

case closed

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
abncollectsautos said:
congrats to him

and no roids does not make you a better hitter. if you read books buy guys like canseco who have admitted use, they will tell you. it doesnt make you a better hitter, but more confident and less nervous

Hmmm... I would think being more confident and less nervous would make you a better hitter ::facepalm::

Why would these guys risk their careers, let alone their testicles, if it DIDN'T make them better hitters???

I feel sick reading the replies that say it was a level playing field because "everyone" or "both pitchers and hitters" were using. Not everyone was using. As a collector of a guy who never touched the stuff during that era, I can't help but think of how good his numbers would look if all the users were on his playing field. It's too bad he was penalized for playing the game the right way, and so many of you think he should have cheated because everyone else was. Hope you don't use the same logic on your sons and daughters.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
gracecollector said:
abncollectsautos said:
congrats to him

Hmmm... I would think being more confident and less nervous would make you a better hitter ::facepalm::

Why would these guys risk their careers, let alone their testicles, if it DIDN'T make them better hitters???

I feel sick reading the replies that say it was a level playing field because "everyone" or "both pitchers and hitters" were using. Not everyone was using. As a collector of a guy who never touched the stuff during that era, I can't help but think of how good his numbers would look if all the users were on his playing field. It's too bad he was penalized for playing the game the right way, and so many of you think he should have cheated because everyone else was. Hope you don't use the same logic on your sons and daughters.

i hope your not making a remark about my children, i was simply saying it makes you more confident.

im a huge grace fan and am glad he stayed clean. i think he is a hall of famer, unfortunately he played in an era where alot-but not all-players used some form of PED. and your testicles only get abused of you abuse roids.

Members online

Latest posts