Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tillman Pulled Early

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Arrieta and Matsuz to Bowie! I hope this happens because Bowie plays Trenton Jun. 1,2, and 3. Let it be so baby!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: ::facepalm:: :lol: Sucks on Tillman though. :?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Maybe the groin tightness is a cover up. They were talking about him being called up during the Nats/O's game to make his MLB debut Tuesday...if that happens...then ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: What in the world did we sign Uehara, Hendrickson, Eaton, etc for? I thought the whole goal was to keep Tillman, Matsuz, Arrieta, and Hernandez in the minors AT LEAST for another full year with a slight possibility of a Sept call up?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
If I had to bet my orange refractor, I would say Hernandez will be wearing orange in a week's time.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
In all honesty, I would want that instead of Tillman. The last thing Tillman needs is to come up to the show after what...8 starts in AAA?....and get shelled 3 starts in a row a la Hayden Penn and lose all his confidence. Let him dominate in AAA all year. There is no rush IMO, we aren't playing for a pennant.

Hernandez is really good but he has the lowest ceiling of the four future rotation pitchers...I would rather they just call up Chris Waters.

EricInCT said:
If I had to bet my orange refractor, I would say Hernandez will be wearing orange in a week's time.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
markakis8 said:
Maybe the groin tightness is a cover up. They were talking about him being called up during the Nats/O's game to make his MLB debut Tuesday...if that happens...then ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: What in the world did we sign Uehara, Hendrickson, Eaton, etc for? I thought the whole goal was to keep Tillman, Matsuz, Arrieta, and Hernandez in the minors AT LEAST for another full year with a slight possibility of a Sept call up?

Minor league baseball isnt exactly known for their conspiracy theories :lol: :lol:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
markakis8 said:

We all knew that wasn't going to happen!! Come on, you aren't a new O's fan.
Especially with how well all 4 are pitching, you think they would not bring at least one up?? :cool:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
couple interesting side notes.

Adam Eaton was released, so that does clear up a starting spot.
So either Albers stays up and gets another shot at the rotation or they call up someone else.

*Also, Montanez will likely opt for surgery next week to repair a tear in his thumb.
So that is good for Reimold. He'll likely hang around awhile and hopefully start with Pie and Scott sharing outfield backup duties.

*Also, Koji left in after the 3rd inning on Saturday with a sore hamstring. Will be evaluated on Sunday.

Members online