Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SOLD TO BUYER WITH UNCONFIRMED ADDRESS! NEED INFO! HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hey guys, i do not really sell cards that much on ebay. I recently sold my gold Longo for 2,150. I sold it to a buyer that had 2 feedback transactions on ebay. Anyway, I listed the card with a BIN and it required immediate payment. He paid me. That was not an issue. I then get a notice from paypal saying they are investigating the sale because the buyer has an unconfirmed address? The funds, have been held by paypal and will not be released until the investigation is done. What does this mean? If they release the funds and i ship the card with a delivery confirmation and signature confirmation am i covered? Have people had trouble with buyers with unconfirmed address'? ANY HELP OR EXPERIENCES IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND NEEDED. Why are they looking into the sale?? This has never happened before. So I don't know what to do. I just want to make sure that i know i'm doing with this process.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
hey guys, i do not really sell cards that much on ebay. I recently sold my gold Longo for 2,150. I sold it to a buyer that had 2 feedback transactions on ebay. Anyway, I listed the card with a BIN and it required immediate payment. He paid me. That was not an issue. I then get a notice from paypal saying they are investigating the sale because the buyer has an unconfirmed address? The funds, have been held by paypal and will not be released until the investigation is done. What does this mean? If they release the funds and i ship the card with a delivery confirmation and signature confirmation am i covered? Have people had trouble with buyers with unconfirmed address'? ANY HELP OR EXPERIENCES IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND NEEDED. Why are they looking into the sale?? This has never happened before. So I don't know what to do. I just want to make sure that i know i'm doing with this process.

Absolutely DO NOT ship that card. Refund the money, take the negative, and resell the card.

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
I'll usually send out smaller purchases if the feedback looks good, but for that kind of cash and no feedback. There's no way I'd chance it.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
I would contact paypal when you can (are they available during a holiday weekend?) and ask them the nature of the investigation and how/if you're covered. I would think it's a good sign for you that they initiated an investigation. Can you contact the seller and ask them to confirm their address real quick?

justwar said:
I would contact paypal when you can (are they available during a holiday weekend?) and ask them the nature of the investigation and how/if you're covered. I would think it's a good sign for you that they initiated an investigation. Can you contact the seller and ask them to confirm their address real quick?

i contacted the seller and his story was that he contacted his cousin who had a similar problem and he said that the buyer told paypal that the buyer shipped the goods and then they released the funds. I would never ship the card without having the money, but i would make sure i had proof of signature confirmation and delivery confirmation. As long as i had proof wouldnt i be covered?

bodisurfa

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think you'll be covered by PayPal, regardless if you use signature confirmation, DC, etc.... I'm pretty sure that if it's to a non-confirmed address, you won't be covered and would be sending at your own risk. Of course, once they receive the card the buyer can eaisly open a claim of not receiving the card.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
If they file an item not as described claim, I doubt you'd be covered in any case.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
No way I would ship that card. He could claim that you sent him an empty envelope and kept the money. It would be a chance I would be unwilling to take, even with paypal already raising an eyebrow.

bodisurfa

Aug 7, 2008
On your listing, state that they need to have a confirmed address in order to bid. Another angel you might want to take, see if the seller wants to pay with a MO before you relist.

If your going to relist, explain to eBay the situation and I'm sure they'll wave the fees.

GL ;)

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
Do not ship and do not issue any refund. Let PayPal take care of it. If PayPal is holding the funds I dont think there is even an option to refund, but if there is the funds would be withdrawn from your bank or Credit Card on file as the payment funds are being held and are not in your account.
I have sent cards to several unconfirmed addresses however PayPal has never held funds and investigated the transaction. None of them were near the amount of this transaction that you are dealing with. PayPal actually claims they provide coverage on the unconfirmed address on the Invoice if you are part of their advanced seller protection. I think that is one of the PowerSeller benefits through Ebay but you have to sign upp for it through PayPal because you are not automatically enrolled in the Advanced Seller Protection program.

jlecates said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

Absolutely DO NOT ship that card. Refund the money, take the negative, and resell the card.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Based on the Paypal User Agreement, shipments to unconfirmed addresses are NOT covered by their Seller Protection Policy.

However, Paypal offered an Extended Seller Protection back in 2008 for which I enrolled. Here is the original email from Paypal confirming my enrollment:

Dear David Branson,

We're glad to have you as a member.

Now that you've enrolled for expanded seller protection, you have more protection against chargebacks, reversals, and claims resulting from unauthorized payments and merchandise not received.

To make sure your transactions are eligible for coverage, always ship to the buyer's address listed on the transaction details page, and follow the guidelines for expanded seller protection.

If you have questions about expanded seller protection, please go to the PayPal Security Center or contact PayPal Customer Service.

Thank you,
PayPal

Here is a link to info about the "upcoming" program from early 2008: https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2008/01/coming-soon-exp/

However, there is no information about this program on any of Paypal's web pages. I have emailed Paypal today the following email:

Back in March 2008, I enrolled in a program called EXPANDED SELLER PROTECTION with Paypal. I had received an email from ebay stating that I was eligible, and I signed up. However, I cannot find any information on the Paypal website about it, and all previous links to information on the subject now link to the regular Seller Protection pages. The Paypal User Agreement says one thing about shipping to unconfirmed addresses, but according to the terms of the EXPANDED SELLER PROTECTION, I am protected against chargebacks from buyers with unconfirmed addresses. Which is correct, and what happened to the information on this EXPANDED SELLER PROTECTION?

They said it would take a few days to respond. I will share that information when I receive it.

For now though...NO WAY IN HELL that I send a $2000 card to an unconfirmed address.

David

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Sorry to hear you're going through this mess. If PayPal finishes investigating and says it's alright, wouldn't that mean you'd be fine then? They wouldn't come back later an reverse charges and take your money after they already investigate would they? I know that it's PayPal, and nothing they do makes sense, but still...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
As everyone has stated, you ship this card and you will lose guaranteed.

And put in the auction, low feedback and non confirmed addresses need not buy.

Also you can block people with low number feedback, and any neg I think in the last 60 days.
and make sure you block the guy who just bought the card as well.
Good luck on this one.

Does E-bay refund the listing and Final win price in this could of case as well??

Pine Tar said:
As everyone has stated, you ship this card and you will lose guaranteed.

And put in the auction, low feedback and non confirmed addresses need not buy.

Also you can block people with low number feedback, and any neg I think in the last 60 days.
and make sure you block the guy who just bought the card as well.
Good luck on this one.

Does E-bay refund the listing and Final win price in this could of case as well??

Everyone i can not thank you enough for the input. I contacted paypal and told them to refund his money. I also contacted ebay and i am in the process of getting the 87 dollar final selling fee lifted. When i relist, how do i block negative or low feedback????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts