Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Price called up to pitch Monday vs Cleveland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Here's the source:

LHP David Price will make his first big-league start of the season Monday at Cleveland. Price was a postseason sensation last year, but he was sent back to Class AAA Durham to work on his pitches and pitch efficiency while working under strict pitch limits. His last outing was pretty good -- five no-hit innings, nine strikeouts. Overall he is 1-4, 3.93.
(Yahoo! Sports)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He's also dominated in each of his appearances in the Majors. Just ask the Red Sox.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Hope Price performs to everyone's expectations. I think the slow start might be him trying to shake off the rust from the offseason.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Rickzcards said:
Hope Price performs to everyone's expectations. I think the slow start might be him trying to shake off the rust from the offseason.

I think it may just be you making excuses for him. He was probably just sulking that he didn't break camp with the team and now realized he needs to actually pitch well to earn a shot this year, hence his dominance last time out.

Price at his worst will be better then what Kazmir has given them his last 4 starts.

here122.jpg

here076.jpg

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
The only reason Price didn't get a spot on the roster afer spring training was because of arbitration. If he played enough games/innings in the minors this year the Rays get to hold off arbitration for another year. I'm willing to bet he just met that limit so they called him up. He belongs in the bigs.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Jaypers said:
He's also dominated in each of his appearances in the Majors. Just ask the Red Sox.

Ouch!

I'm actually looking forward to see how he fairs Monday. I'm rooting for him (even though he plays in the same division as the Sox).

Allen

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
Rickzcards said:

I think it may just be you making excuses for him. He was probably just sulking that he didn't break camp with the team and now realized he needs to actually pitch well to earn a shot this year, hence his dominance last time out.
That was actually my thought...

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
jbone17 said:
Price has not looked that great in the minors, so gettting shelled isn't out of the question.

Look at Detwiler. He was mediocre at best in the Minors. Gets called up and is doing pretty well so far.

Members online

Latest posts