Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Those damn yankees...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
imac220 said:
Pine Tar said:
ccolwell said:
imac220 said:
You preach it brotha :D

anxiously awaiting for the idiot who blames it on the "wind patterns" :lol:
So seems alot of balls flying out of that wind tunnel of a park! :D

Yeah. I saw on ESPN a few days ago that there are like 27 homers to left field alone already :shock:

most of which are coming from damon and tex

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
They built it that way to help inflate AROD's HR numbers and ensure he beats the record. It's all about publicity.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
zach said:
They built it that way to help inflate AROD's HR numbers and ensure he beats the record. It's all about publicity.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Arod 5-5 today woooo!!!

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
abncollectsautos said:
im not a yankees fan at all, but they are raking right now and arod is on fire. good for him.

Glad to see at least someone besides gilmore and myself support arod. I mean yes he has made some questionable decisions in his career but he is a human being like everyone else.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
ccolwell said:
abncollectsautos said:
im not a yankees fan at all, but they are raking right now and arod is on fire. good for him.

Glad to see at least someone besides gilmore and myself support arod. I mean yes he has made some questionable decisions in his career but he is a human being like everyone else.

very true. i have always been an arod fan, he is one of the best ever. of course he will always have PED's over his head, but regardless he is a stud.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
heard today that they would be looking into the homer thing and maybe doing something in the off season about it. huh?
what exactly do you do? move the fences back? i cant see them doing that. tear down the stadium and rebuild it facing the other direction? um, no. anyone else?

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
boomo said:
heard today that they would be looking into the homer thing and maybe doing something in the off season about it. huh?
what exactly do you do? move the fences back? i cant see them doing that. tear down the stadium and rebuild it facing the other direction? um, no. anyone else?

They most likely would move the walls back. Similar to what they did in the old Yankee stadium when they moved the walls in. Rebuilding it facing the other direction would be ridiculous but then again its the Yankees we are talking about here so I would not put it past them.

Why don't we wait until they tear down the old Stadium before thinking about moving the fences back??

I'll bet you the fact that the old Yankee Stadium is still standing next to the new Ballpark has something to do with the way the winds are carrying the ball out

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
Mahoody said:
Why don't we wait until they tear down the old Stadium before thinking about moving the fences back??

I'll bet you the fact that the old Yankee Stadium is still standing next to the new Ballpark has something to do with the way the winds are carrying the ball out

Good point.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
boomo said:

~simple

pigeons

Let them fly out there and knock balls down.~

Anything that hits a bird is in play, just make sure you have a ton of them out there. This can all be solved with a few bread crumbs.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
They'll do like that do at Coors Field...stick the balls in a humidifier to make them heavier...which I've always thought was stupid...no matter what, some parks are going to skew power numbers toward the positive or toward the negative, they can't all be the same even if it would be nice.

I'm sure they won't do this, moving the wall is the only option...I'm just complaining.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
cgilmo said:
boomo said:

~simple

pigeons

Let them fly out there and knock balls down.~

Anything that hits a bird is in play, just make sure you have a ton of them out there. This can all be solved with a few bread crumbs.

Better known as the Randy Johnson Project :lol:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
From what I've heard they can put up barriers that block much of the wind. The dimensions are identical to the old Yankee Stadium, so it's not like it's much smaller than any other park.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Topnotchsy said:
From what I've heard they can put up barriers that block much of the wind. The dimensions are identical to the old Yankee Stadium, so it's not like it's much smaller than any other park.

between the different levels the wind blows straight through from the outside. i am sure they will block these in the off season.

Members online

Latest posts