Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'09 Draftee's Card Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
For the sake of argument let's focus on just Stephen Strasburg right now:

Considering Strasburg had 2008 issued cards in regular Upper Deck products - SP Authentic, Sweet Spot, and Ultimate - as well the usual UD USA product which we have come to expect, will you consider for instance (saying Topps signs him) his '09 Bowman Draft cards to be the more sought after? Same question if he signs with Razor.
To summarize, which would you rather have:
'08 UD products vs. '09 Bowman Draft
'08 UD products vs. '09 Razor

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Draft will still be more disierable than all, especially SPA, but Ultimate and Sweet Spot will still be worth a ton.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
At this point in time:

Chrome Draft > UD > Razor

Assuming the chromes and Razor are both autos.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If Stras has a Bowman Chrome autograph, expect that to go through the roof and leave his other cards in the dust.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
OMG Could you imagine...... 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto RC!!!!!

The first ever $500 base auto.

Base $500
Refractor $1100
Xftractor $1500
Blue Ref $2100
Gold Ref $9000
Orange Ref $12,000
Red Ref $17,500
Super $1.3 Trillion

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
OMG Could you imagine...... 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto RC!!!!!

The first ever $500 base auto.

Base $500
Refractor $1100
Xftractor $1500
Blue Ref $2100
Gold Ref $9000
Orange Ref $12,000
Red Ref $17,500
Super $1.3 Trillion
If some idiots actually pay $500 for a chrome auto of him when it comes out, I'll be busting cases of this...

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
bballcardkid said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
If Stras has a Bowman Chrome autograph, expect that to go through the roof and leave his other cards in the dust.

The ultimate won't be left in the dust, but the others will.

I think even the Ultimate would be left in the dust compared to the B.Chrome auto of comparable numbering (heck I'm sure a Blue Ref Auto would do just as well, if not better, than the Ultimate). I understand since you own several that it's not to your liking but Chrome is King! :D

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
HoustonTeams4Me said:
bballcardkid said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

The ultimate won't be left in the dust, but the others will.

I think even the Ultimate would be left in the dust compared to the B.Chrome auto of comparable numbering (heck I'm sure a Blue Ref Auto would do just as well, if not better, than the Ultimate). I understand since you own several that it's not to your liking but Chrome is King! :D

I own a Sweet Spot and I think it will be left in the dust. Once Strasburg gets a few supercollectors, I'm sure quite a few would like to get the best card he has from his first year, especially one from a product such as Ultimate Collection.

I can see a Gold/Orange outselling the Ultimate, but I don't see a blue.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Collection Strasburg autographs, not at all.

I know people are crazy about them, but the quality of autograph is extremely poor in my opinion.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
I agree with 200lbhockeyplayer, the quality of the Ultimate auto's are poor at best (and quite possible could get worse with time), whereas a chrome auto would be about as clean as it can get.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
bballcardkid said:
I own a Sweet Spot and I think it will be left in the dust. Once Strasburg gets a few supercollectors, I'm sure quite a few would like to get the best card he has from his first year, especially one from a product such as Ultimate Collection.

I can see a Gold/Orange outselling the Ultimate, but I don't see a blue.

USA releases have usually taken a back seat to the more main stream releases in recent years. I expect this trend to continue even though UD has released some recent USA cards in main stream release (UD base, Ultimate, SPA, etc.).

Members online

Latest posts