Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants actively shopping Cain for a bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
As much as we need a bat I'm not sure if I like this. At the very least we should get a top flight bat. Lets say he does get dealt who takes his place?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
As much as we need a bat I'm not sure if I like this. At the very least we should get a top flight bat. Lets say he does get dealt who takes his place?
Bumgarner :D

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
I'm hoping for a three way deal with the Nationals. The Giants like Nick Johnson a lot so they could trade him for Cain then the Phils trade an assortment of prospects and a reliever or two(Taschner, maybe even Park) for Cain.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
mredsox89 said:
bmoore997 said:
MojoDan said:
One of my favorite pitchers, would love to see him go to Boston

But we also need another bat.

I would expect the sox to go the other way, trade pitching for a bat. There is no room at pitcher right now
Bowden for Saltalacmachia/Teagarden/Ramirez and someone else.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
aw00d05 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Bumgarner :D

I read earlier this week that the Giants have Alderson ranked higher than Bum right now. Maybe they call him up but that's a HUGE leap. AA to the bigs. (Not saying they can't do it.)

JoshB.

Aug 20, 2008
California
ryanhoward06 said:
I'm hoping for a three way deal with the Nationals. The Giants like Nick Johnson a lot so they could trade him for Cain then the Phils trade an assortment of prospects and a reliever or two(Taschner, maybe even Park) for Cain.

There's no way the Giants would trade Matt Cain for Nick Johnson. Not even close...

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
bigalexx said:
To the Mets for Beltran?

That lineup without Beltran isnt a major league lineup.

FMart plus another bat for Cain maybe(hopefully).

Beltran would look great in a Giants Uni. He's one of my favorite non Giants. (David Wright be my favorite non Giant). I don't think that the Mets deal Beltran though. I don't want FMart. Especially for Cain that's way too little to get back.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
JoshB. said:
ryanhoward06 said:

There's no way the Giants would trade Matt Cain for Nick Johnson. Not even close...

X2. I would trade Shanchez though. The Nationals desperatly want Relief pitcher. We might deal Afledt (spelling?) for Johnson. I would do that.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Prince for Cain. I might even say Prince and an outfield prospect (Cole Gillespie/Lorenzo Cain/Logan Schafer) for Cain.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
hive17 said:
Prince for Cain. I might even say Prince and an outfield prospect (Cole Gillespie/Lorenzo Cain/Logan Schafer) for Cain.

I would love that trade also. You guys need Starting Pitchers worse than we need a bat. I would love Prince and Gillespie. Is Gillespie fast enough though to cover ground at Pac Bell Park?

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
hive17 said:

Finally someone who realizes you have to give something to get something.

F-Mart? Nick Johnson?

Craig

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
JoshB. said:
ryanhoward06 said:

Per MLBtraderumor-

"The Giants G.M. is seeking a bat with Nick Johnson atop his list"

Members online