Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beaseball players today Vs. the 40's and 50's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Seeing the "Who do you think has the HR record" thread got me thinking. A lot of the players from the 40's and 50's had their numbers severely affected by WW2 and the Korean War and them serving our counrty. Williams and Mays most of all. Could you imagine players today going to war? Lets say the the draft was reinstated. I can't even fathom any players going to Iraq or Afghanistan and serve our country. What do you think?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Beaseball players to Vs. the 40's and 50's

I think Matt LaPorta could kill every insurgent with one swing of his bat.

But seriously, I think these young athletes are too soft and told that they are special far to often to make it in today's military; unless they are forced to via a draft, then they'd have no choice. I still think they'd suck for the most part.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Re: Beaseball players to Vs. the 40's and 50's

hive17 said:
I think Matt LaPorta could kill every insurgent with one swing of his bat.

That's just some hometown love (even tough he was trade) right there.

But seriously, I think these young athletes are too soft and told that they are special far to often to make it in today's military; unless they are forced to via a draft, then they'd have no choice. I still think they'd suck for the most part.

They're had would be forced by a draft but I guaran-damn-tee you they will have some high price lawyer fighting it in court.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The heroes of yesterday did it without protein shakes, high tech gym equipment, personal nutritionists, supplements, etc. Not to mention doctors with arthroscopic surgery to get you back in the game quicker (hell, doctors and surgery at all). I won't even comment on steroids.

Ted Williams hit .388 at the age of 39. HE missed 5 years because of the war and still ended up with 521 HR's. 600 HR's automatic lock and who knows what else he would have done.

Bob Feller missed a nice chunk also. Those guys were great. Wish there was more footage to watch of them

Members online

Latest posts