Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about trade Posey/montero for Betances Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I was offered a Betances Ref Ref Auto BGS 9.5

for

Posey Blue Ref BGS 9.5
Montero BGS 9.5
$200

I am still working on the deal with the guy, but I am not sure how much SV I can get for the Posey Blue, raw they sell for $110-$120, would $160 be fair? The montero goes for $70 so I would have $430 into the Betances, which is a little too much.

How much SV for the Betances, would be fair?
How much SV for the Posey, would be fair?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
I would much rather your side of the deal, just my opinion though.
Posey blue 9.5 probably 160-200 depending on the day.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Nikobaseball said:
I would much rather your side of the deal, just my opinion though.
Posey blue 9.5 probably 160-200 depending on the day.

I agree with you. I am still bring his price down on the cash side.

I have found pretty much all 5 Betances Red Refs and everyone is looking for $400 on them. They are all BGS 9.5s

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
i would keep the hitters over the pitcher.
posey and montero both seem to be in the giants/yanks future plans. i could see betances being dangled as trade bait for a late season vet.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
yanksfan4eva said:
posey and montero both seem to be in the giants/yanks future plans. i could see betances being dangled as trade bait for a late season vet.

I don't mind trading the Montero's because I have so many. I will have 15 base 9.5s, at least and probably some more BGS 10s.

I don't want to trade the Posey Blue...but I really like the Red Ref...it is a sweet card

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
jdacunha said:
yanksfan4eva said:

I don't mind trading the Montero's because I have so many. I will have 15 base 9.5s, at least and probably some more BGS 10s.

I don't want to trade the Posey Blue...but I really like the Red Ref...it is a sweet card

true i totally forgot how incredibly deep your montero stash is. ;)

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Id say to lessen the blow of $$ include another Montero. You have to be into a lot of them cheaply since the 9.5 get good premiums so if you include one more Montero and lessen the money value even more then it isn't as bad.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
If I were you I would only trade/buy the Betances at the $285 SV mark & that to me is high, especially being that the main thing Betances has going for him in the "Hype" department is the "possibility" of him being a Yankees pitcher (all it would take is a trade & Betances current standing in the "meaningful" prospect rank's would immediately be diminished...or lowered to the point that you would really be kicking yourself in the arse)! IMO, if a trade or purchase is questionable (if I am personally having an internal debate or having noticeable doubt) then I pass on that particular offer & begin building another option/route! Just my opinion though! Good Luck in your decision, Dave. :D

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
If I were you I would only trade/buy the Betances at the $285 SV mark & that to me is high, especially being that the main thing Betances has going for him in the "Hype" department is the "possibility" of him being a Yankees pitcher (all it would take is a trade & Betances current standing in the "meaningful" prospect rank's would immediately be diminished...or lowered to the point that you would really be kicking yourself in the arse)! IMO, if a trade or purchase is questionable (if I am personally having an internal debate or having noticeable doubt) then I pass on that particular offer & begin building another option/route! Just my opinion though! Good Luck in your decision, Dave. :D

For a red ref auto 9.5? Joking?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
EricInCT said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

For a red ref auto 9.5? Joking?

Nope, dead serious! :D

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Changed the deal up. I am giving up my Blue Montero (o/c) and a montero base auto. and $200...I think its a good deal.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Betances was just placed on the DL. I would stick to lower end cards with him, it's too risky giving up that much for a Betances red ref 9.5.

Members online

Latest posts