Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NOOOO CLAY!! Perfect Game broken up in 9th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamondo5

Feb 25, 2009
Buchholz had 8 perfect innings tonight before giving up a hit to lead off the 9th.. AH

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
adamondo5 said:
Which is an absolute shame

Yes and no. He has been fantastic in AAA so he deserves to get another shot. But in terms of viewing it from a redsox fan standpoint, its great that we have to have this discussion. The sox appear to have 7+ legitimate Major League starters. It will give them flexibility giving some time off with phantom DL trips over the summer. Smoltz, Masterson, Buchholz, and Bowden are all just waiting in the wing

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
From Theo Epstein's Twitter:

I am patting my back for picking up Penny. Another good start for him. He has been really consistent in his last 5 starts.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Clay will have plenty of time in Majors, Penny has pitched solid recently. Might as well keep Clay down and keep building his confidence back up after the disaster of last year.

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
beefycheddar said:
Clay will have plenty of time in Majors, Penny has pitched solid recently. Might as well keep Clay down and keep building his confidence back up after the disaster of last year.
What i like about this pitching staff is that soon they will start talking to the rangers again about a young catcher, and hitting and the rangers might use one of those arms so we can have holland back in the bullpen like the rays had price in the pen like last year.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
RANGERS25 said:
beefycheddar said:
What i like about this pitching staff is that soon they will start talking to the rangers again about a young catcher, and hitting and the rangers might use one of those arms so we can have holland back in the bullpen like the rays had price in the pen like last year.
I'd love Bucholz or Bowden and then when Padilla is gone next year they'll be there and it can bump Harrison out of the rotation too.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:

I am patting my back for picking up Penny. Another good start for him. He has been really consistent in his last 5 starts.

I hope that's not really his page(I just looked at his other tweets).

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
baseballguy350 said:
ryanhoward06 said:
Codasco07 said:

I hope that's not really his page(I just looked at his other tweets).

Please do share the link!

twitter.com/theoepstein

Members online