Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College World Series Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi all,

I am going on a baseball road trip this summer which will take me through Omaha on Monday June 22nd - which happens to the first game of the Championship series of the College World Series.

For those of you that have been to the CWS, I was wondering if I could get your input on a few things.

First of all, how early would I have to show up on gameday to get a General Admission seat? I'm not too picky about location, I just want to be able to get into the park.

I would also like to know your thoughts on how difficult it would be to track down a reserved seating ticket for the game. If I could get a reserved seat, I would plunk down the money for that before going the GA route.

Any other thoughts/advice would be welcomed!

Thanks!

Travis

cubsfan2513

Jan 22, 2009
Omaha, NE/Chicago, IL
Hey the college world series is great. Living in Omaha I make it to most of the games. As for the ga seats, a line starts at dawn everyday. If you go alone and aren't worried about location then you shouldn't be too worried. As far as tickets they are always avaliable, but they usually need to pay a lot. Across the street from the stadium scalpers always sell them. If you want shoot me a pm and I can give you the number for the scalper we usually buy from. He always has great seats and gives us bulk discounts.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
For GA, like cubs fan said, you will have to arrive very early. But for reserved seating you can always find people selling tickets outside. My family has season tickets and it is the best experience in Omaha during the summer. I hope you have a great time in Omaha, and make sure that you make it to the downtown area for dinner if you have time, there are some very good restaurants there! Good luck, and hopefully you can find some good seats.
-Aaron

Send me a PM if you need help with anything in the Omaha area

are you staying the day and moving on or overnight? if its an overnighter you may be difficult to find a room now. there are a few small towns on the outskirts of omaha that have cheap rates and clean facilities. pm me if you need any additional help! oh yeah enjoy rosenblatt i love that ballpark and almost cried when they announced they are moving to the "nodo" area...

Unfortunately, I'm only going to be in Omaha for 1 day. I'm driving down on Monday morning (the 22nd) from Cedar Rapids, IA and then leaving the next morning for Clinton, IA and the Midwest League All-Star game.

I booked my room for Omaha last week on Priceline.com. Ended up with a room at the Marriott Courtyard downtown for $90.00.

Definitely looking forward to Omaha! I've not heard anything less than "Omaha and the CWS is amazing."

tmart said:
Unfortunately, I'm only going to be in Omaha for 1 day. I'm driving down on Monday morning (the 22nd) from Cedar Rapids, IA and then leaving the next morning for Clinton, IA and the Midwest League All-Star game.

I booked my room for Omaha last week on Priceline.com. Ended up with a room at the Marriott Courtyard downtown for $90.00.

Definitely looking forward to Omaha! I've not heard anything less than "Omaha and the CWS is amazing."

oh man you arent far off from the craziness then! that is where wifey and i spent our 1st anniversary our price was a substantial amount higher though so good deal. a quick trip down 13th (never ever quick during the cws) and a short walk to some local bars you will have a hoot!