Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New high for an 05 Sweetspot Classics patch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
Someone on this board is laughing his way to the bank. Great sale, and to a very deserving person.

As a side note, Im not that surprised by the price, probably hands down the best vintage patch set ever created. Period.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
RipkenCal05SSC2.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
awesome sale but am I missing something

this is just a different version right?

Of course.
There are 2 versions to this card.
Hitting
Fielding

Congrats to Greg on the great sale. Well deserved for sure.

iphoner111 said:
900 for that?????
Absolutely!
Who says Chrome is King and Prospecting Rules?? ::facepalm::

Highly collected and popular set.
Classic case of Player Collector vs. Set Collector. :cool:

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
Bigfan5 said:
Can't wait to see what this one will get:

RipkenCalThrowing.jpg

Considering the sale of the aforementioned card I would think $1200-$1500 is in the realm of possibility.

At the same time though, you only had 2 bidders past $248, so maybe not.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I'm glad it was Greg's card that went that high, but that's just ridiculous. I'm glad I stopped trying to complete the set and just pick up singles. That's not the highest sale for the set, but certainly for Ripken. I had a logo patch like the one Greg has and I sold it plus a regular Ripken patch from the set for $1K, and I thought I made out pretty good.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I thought this one could have been the highest of any sold. Who else is in this set that has brought more?

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
bigalbert said:
I thought this one could have been the highest of any sold. Who else is in this set that has brought more?

I believe Jackie Robinson is in that set as well as Joe DiMaggio. I think there are a couple that are extremely short printed as well.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
bigalbert said:

As already said, Jackie Robinson has cleared this price a few times. Mickey Mantle also for sure sells for above this price. I don't remember any short prints selling for this much, but if an Andre Dawson /3 appeared it could sell for this much. Also, the Bob Gibson 1/1 has never surfaced.

Members online

Latest posts