Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Goodwins Champions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Anyone have any info?

I was disappointed to hear that Upper deck will be making this product, I was hoping topps would be able to produce this set given their history with allen and ginter.

Please, upper deck, don't screw this one up.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I like cut autos, but it's a shame their going to destroy that Bonaparte letter. Would it be too much to ask to present the whole thing in one of those Triple Threads style fold-outs? It looks like it could fit.

Funny, though, such a valuable, 'important' item carried around in a recylced top-loader with at least 3 different tape-seals. I guess it's true that you should buy the card, not the holder.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
It will be interesting to see how the insect cards hold up. I can imagine that a lot of them will have insect parts floating around inside from the handling from manufacturer to customer. I wonder if whole ones will garner a premium.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It would appear that I will be purchasing my first case of Upper Deck product ever. As a biologist and entomologist, I'm really excited about the case inserts.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The 2008-09 UD Champs NHL set is amazing. I only opened one box (and it had the Woolly Mammoth Femur redemption in it), but I am eyeballing a case.

That said, I'm not really "feeling" this set. To me it feels too much like a Goudey set, and while a lot of people liked the Goudey series, I'm not crazy out it.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I could've swore I just saw someone pull a Ripken out of a blaster of 2009 UD Series II on the box break boards.

So, they have inserts in UD Series II and are creating it's own set as well? They did this with O Pee Chee too...

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
markakis8 said:
I could've swore I just saw someone pull a Ripken out of a blaster of 2009 UD Series II on the box break boards.

So, they have inserts in UD Series II and are creating it's own set as well? They did this with O Pee Chee too...
They say on there FaceBook page there is a 12 card set of inserts in UD2

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Warren's All Stars said:
Wow, that looks interesting. UD's answer to A&G. I'd love to see the auto list.

Horsehair eh? My wife's allergic to that stuff, I'll have to pick one up & put it under her pillow.

Members online

Latest posts