Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Weiters Razor Metal... Live

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
WHAT THE HECK I TOOK 3
Razor_Metal_auto_Matt_wieters_Silver_x707.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
FYI: According to Brian, the original print run was 750, but they tossed some of them (bad condition).

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Weiters or Wieters?? ::facepalm::

I before E except after C.... or is it W??

As much praise and love that this guy gets.... it still amazes me how often his name is spelled wrong on these boards.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
GioCollector1089 said:
Can someone enlighten me as to what some of the other top guys debuted at? Ive been out of it for a while?

Around $8-12.

Brian tells me the reason they made so many Wieters as compared to the others (which had print runs of less than 200 each) was:

1) Heavy demand
2) Lower print run equals a much higher BIN (he guesstimated around $50-60 per).

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
Jaypers said:
Very curious to see if all of them sell. Anyone think they won't?

Thats an awfully high print run to sell out at $30 a pop. Although I guess its a possibility with the call-up. I was going to pick a couple up but now Im worried it would be impossible to resell if he doesnt sell out.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
His Elite Autos #/799 routinely sell for $150 ... you can buy 5+ of these for the same price, with roughly the same print-run! The only difference is the egregious market saturation with the way these Razor Metals are distributed ... it makes it a very buyer-friendly environment. But in 5 years, when someone is looking for a Wieters RC Auto, they are going to have 2 options - Elite or Razor ... each with similar print runs. I actually think the Razor Metal is much more aesthetically pleasing, but it will really come down to whether or not Razor can establish itself as a player in the baseball card market and withstand the test of time. If it keeps pumping out quality products like this one, then I think in 5 years these two cards will be seen almost as equals.

Members online

Latest posts