Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Please lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Re: Little problem with an auction I won, looking for advice.

All are clearly visable on his pic.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

Kutzy said:
All are clearly visable on his pic.

Bingo!

I do not see a problem here, other than the buyer did not take a good look at the pic and is now unhappy for his lack there of.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL

But you can clearly see those creases in his auction scan.

A

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal

Is this a joke post since we have been getting a lot of these type post about how people need to list every minor defect in there descriptions??

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR

I will give you the one in the top right corner. But the one in the bottom right and left aren't that visible in the picture. If the seller is going to describe the card and the defects, why not mention the creasing. As many auctions have shown, you bid on the description, not the card.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD

You can see the creases in the scan. Did you honestly expect a flawless card when it arrived?

I think for under $4 dlvd there should be no argument at all. It was clearly shown in the picture, obviously he is not very knowledgeable with cards being he had the listing completely wrong as well. Let it slide.

I just had 34 Tobacco cards arrive today.

All the seller said was: CONDITION: VG/EX

All it took was a look at the scans to see some had creases and marks on the cards.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

I am not sure if this is a joke or not but who cares you paid $4!

Also like people have said you can see the creases in the scan.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky

The top-right and bottom-left creases are evident, but it's hard to see the bottom right in the seller's picture.

If he mentioned other condition items I would think he would mention the creases though..

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD

One more thing to add:

Included here is a RARE Boxing CARD in FAIR to GOOD condition of CHARLIE GRIFFIN

Fair = PSA 1.5
Good = PSA 2

I do not think he ever intended on lying about the condition of the card.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

I really hope this is a joke. That card easily falls into the described range of 'fair to good,' and all creases were visible in the auction photo.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR

Now looking for the creases, I can see them. But I bid off of descriptions, not pictures. I have purchased too many cards that were "stock photos" or "only shown for demonstration purposes" to bid off of the scan.

jammarx

Apr 2, 2009

In your scan the card looks better then the ebay photo- Fair to good!

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

I don't see what good could possibly come out of complaining about what basically amounted to a steal for $4 dlvd. There are really only two options: keep the card, or return it for a refund. Even if you do decide to return it, it's going to cost you $1.75 to ship it back so you're really only getting $2.25 in return.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

+1 with jeff....

i mean, a creased and damaged mantle warrants a post/advice/sympathy but a damn $4 dollar supposed "steal" and this is an issue that needs advice??

getting sick and tired of the whining on this board more and more lately....

dave

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008

daveyou said:
+1 with jeff....

i mean, a creased and damaged mantle warrants a post/advice/sympathy but a damn $4 dollar supposed "steal" and this is an issue that needs advice??

getting sick and tired of the whining on this board more and more lately....

dave

IMO when you ask a question and it makes daveyou a little cranky, you've asked a dumb question....

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR

I wasn't trying to complain about my pick up. I was actually looking for advice. I guess I should have gave some options of what I was thinking about doing. Leave positive feedback but low star on "description", no feedback at all, or request refund (which wouldn't be cost efficient).

Members online

Latest posts