Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CJ Henry quits baseball again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
C.J. Henry spent the past year in the Memphis program as a walk on but didn’t play for the Tigers while recovering from a broken foot. When former Memphis coach John Calipari left for Kentucky in April, Xavier reopened his recruitment, and C.J. began to consider other schools.

The brothers from Oklahoma City ultimately chose Kansas, where their parents, Carl and Barbara Henry, both played basketball.

“All Kansas fans should be very excited to have not one but two second-generation Jayhawks in our program,” Self said.

Especially because the Jayhawks will get two of their own for the price of one. The Yankees, as part of his contract, will pay for C.J.’s college expenses. C.J. will be considered a walk-on and won’t count against the limit of 13 scholarships. Self said C.J. will be eligible to play for Kansas next season.

“C.J. is a point guard who can really shoot the basketball,” Self said. “His absence from competition from basketball for four years will be a transition for him, but he has always kept a ball in his hands over that period of time.

“His mentality, strength, knowledge and skill set should immediately impact our program and make us a better team. Our biggest concern presently is for C.J. to get 100 percent healthy.”

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
arod305 said:
His brother Xavier is a freaking stud...

KU will win the NC this year,

Haha, bull sheizt. Kentucky will have a lot to say about that before Coach Cal is forced out due to NCAA violations.

I bet KU is preseason #1

They literally could put two starting teams out there and beat most D-1 programs...

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
CJ will play out his college eligibility then follow his brother around when X makes the NBA. I've heard CJ has some legitimate talent, but I don't expect him to leave the bench at all this year.

Latest posts