Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rick Porcello Thread 5/27 EDIT: 5 WINS IN A ROW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Edit: Article on Porcello and History

Getting the start today against KC at 2:10 this afternoon. Here's my thread to talk about it because like usual, I'm giddy with anticipation and ready to make a post after just about every single pitch he throws.

Here's an interesting fact about how good Porcello has been lately. I hope he is able to keep the streak going today.--
DET: RHP Rick Porcello (5-3, 3.55 ERA)
Porcello is already just the sixth pitcher since 1900 to pitch four straight starts and allow one or no runs before his 21st birthday, joining the illustrious group of Kerry Wood, Fernando Valenzuela, Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson and Chief Bender.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Rick Porcello Thread 5/27

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Getting the start today against KC at 2:10 this afternoon. Here's my thread to talk about it because like usual, I'm giddy with anticipation and ready to make a post after just about every single pitch he throws.

Here's an interesting fact about how good Porcello has been lately. I hope he is able to keep the streak going today.--
Porcello is already just the sixth pitcher since 1900 to pitch four straight starts and allow one or no runs before his 21st birthday, joining the illustrious group of Kerry Wood, Fernando Valenzuela, Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson and Chief Bender.
Some good names on that list. :D

Go Ricky!!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

scotty21690 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Some good names on that list. :D

Go Ricky!!

Work canceled today for me, so I'm bored out of my mind just waiting for the game to start. I'm about to go crazy.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Jaypers said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Work canceled today for me, so I'm bored out of my mind just waiting for the game to start. I'm about to go crazy.

In case you're interested, Jim Callis will be holding his weekly live ESPN chat in less than a half hour from now. Ask anything you like. Link:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26651

Rock on, thanks JP. Game is coming on soon too but I'll definitely throw a couple questions at Callis.

Lets go Rick!

here155.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Not a good start at all for Porcello, four first pitch balls in a row. Hopefully he settles in.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Not a good start at all for Porcello, four first pitch balls in a row. Hopefully he settles in.

I wonder what the Tiger's pitching coach told him, looks like it was a good scouting report or something..that was a good way to end the inning for Porcello.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

miles.ngo said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":q0bydwqd]Not a good start at all for Porcello, four first pitch balls in a row. Hopefully he settles in.

I wonder what the Tiger's pitching coach told him, looks like it was a good scouting report or something..that was a good way to end the inning for Porcello.[/quote:q0bydwqd]

Yep, 2 Ks in the 1st for Porcello.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Nice sequence, Granderson swipes third basically uncontested and Raburn with a clutch 2 out RBI single. Tigers lead 2-1.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Nice sequence, Granderson swipes third basically uncontested and Raburn with a clutch 2 out RBI single. Tigers lead 2-1.

I'll take a 12 K outing if it means him giving up a run :D

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008

4 ks through 2...to bad he threw alot of pitches in the first, he probably wont be in the game to long :(

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008

KOBEARODLT said:
4 ks through 2...to bad he threw alot of pitches in the first, he probably wont be in the game to long :(

Shoot, totally blew past me that he threw 26 in the 1st. He's up to 37 now..but he's never been in a game longer than 6 innings, so if he has another quick inning, he could be back to his normal pace soon.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Porcello lookin dirty now. Got Buck with a 96 MPH fastball followed by a big curveball in the 70s.

4 Ks through two innings.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA

I've been trying to watch this game on MLB.TV and it just isn't working. :evil: It's been saying this game is in commercial break the entire game.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008

johnny rook said:
I've been trying to watch this game on MLB.TV and it just isn't working. :evil: It's been saying this game is in commercial break the entire game.

Reload it with lower quality?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Seems like a lot of the hits Porcello has given up all season long have been just like that one by DeJesus-- little weakly hit balls that are placed in the perfect spot. Really annoying, but I guess it's a good sign that batters have a difficult time making good hard, solid contact against Porcello.

Members online

Latest posts