Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you organize your collection? base, inserts, etc.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I ask because I'm thinking of reorganizing, but it's a big task (although I don't buy as much as some of you so not quite as big as it could be :D ) This is for the smaller stuff anyway, not the high $ autos, GU, stuff.

Right now I have my cards database that I'm still entering cards in. I like it because it helps me know what I've got.

As far as how they're stored physically, right now I have everything in penny sleeves. Most of my collection from the 90s is sorted by the star players of the time. After I got back into collecting more recently, I continued sorting stuff by the star players which I don't mind. The non-star vets and the rookies/prospects I divided up and started sorting by teams. Now I'm wishing that the non-star vets and the rookie/prospects were sorted by year and card brand. It'd be a big task to redo it, but I still think that's what I want to do. What do you think? How does everyone else do it?

Any input would be appreciated.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
I have my collection sorted by brand and year. One 800 ct box for my set, and one for my doubles that are available for trade. My OCD kicks in and I have my doubles in order by number so that it is easier to fin when I am trying to make trades.

Pics in the bucket. Good luck with whaever you decide.

Thanks,

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Back when I had a decent amount of cards, I organized so I could do shows easier.

Commons (usually 3200 count boxes)
Lower end insert and superstar cards (usually shoebox, but if I had enough 3200 count box)
Rookies/Prospects/FY/ect (3200 count boxes) sorted by first letter of last name
Relics/Autos/Higher end cards (shoebox) in top loaders and sorted by what they were

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
thanks for the suggestions guys.....I just need to figure it all out so that my Type A personality can be happy. I don't need them organized for shows, just so that I can find what I need when I need it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
For my player collections...base and lowend inserts are all organized by year, brand, and number.

Anything with a sale value of $20ish or more is in organized by inserts type (auto, refractor, game used, artists proof, press proof, diecut, etc), brand, and year.

Everything is in a penny sleeve and toploader if I have it cataloged. If it's not, it's just in a penny sleeve inside of one of a few shoeboxes and 900 ct boxes I have.

My slabbed cards are all themed, so they have vaults related to each theme.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
As a player collector every card I own of Alex Rodriguez is in order according to how it shows up in a Beckett. Each card is stored in a penny sleeve and top loader or a simply a screwdown. The rest of my collection really has no rhyme or reason, however, I know where each card is.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Most base, rookies, and inserts go into a binder (for the Sosa collection). Some of my lower-numbered inserts are in toploaders along with GU and one autograph.

My GU and autographs are split between a safe and a plastic box. All in toploaders.

In regards to organization....there is none right now. I need to work on sorting my base and inserts....but it would take too long to do that with 500 cards.

Members online

Latest posts