Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Project???? legends auto set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
i was thinking of a new project, and i wanted to do something with legend autographs. i really thinking of trying to do the 1997 auto set but that would be expensive. i sure alot of you guys have different legends autos. just wondering what year you thought had the best checklist
best value
best looking?
thanks

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I would go 97. It will definitely keep you busy. You don't need to buy the crazy SPs for it to be a great set. Tons of autos of guys that have no other certified autos.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
If you have a tolerance for frustration - i.e. you don't mind not actually finishing the set, 1997 obviously set the standard. I think 2000 is underrated - the big names aren't quite as SP'd as in '97 and show up reasonably frequently. 2001 is nice but pretty scarce - even though it's a year newer, I think the auto run in general that year was quite a bit shorter than 2000. After that it's all stickers and the definition of "Legend" was apparently significantly downgraded in 2005 and 2006 so I personally wouldn't spend a lot of time or money on them.

If I were to start one set now with the intention of actually finishing it, my vote would go to 2000. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Latest posts