Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you take $175 for this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Hey guys, I have been unloading Johans as many know, and got an offer on one of the best ones I have left.

$175 for this:

2004 Sweet Spot Black Signature 1/1

Johan5.jpg

I did not pay 175 for it and would be making some $$ on it, but it is such a sweet card and one of my best I have left. Looking for any opinions on it, thanks!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Clearly if you are unloading some Santana cards you are currently preferring money over cards...therefore it's an easy "yes, take the money."

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Clearly if you are unloading some Santana cards you are currently preferring money over cards...therefore it's an easy "yes, take the money."

Well yes I am, but I had about 3-4x the amount of cards I still have left (had over 150 AUs). He is still my favorite player but that is a lot of $$ for the card so I am debating.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I feel that is a GREAT price to let it go...it is a great card, but you may be able to find another 1/1 even better at a lesser price. Either way...$175 is a great deal on your half IMO :mrgreen:

Alex

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
IMO that was a very ugly set. Getting any cash for that card would be an upgrade to me.

Sell fast.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I would sell the card. While it is a 1/1 the look is not much different from other Johan Sweet Spot autos. You could probably pick up another SS auto for about an eighth of what you get for the 1/1.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
If you are making $$ on the card & aren't really into the player collecting thing on Johan then it would be a definite yes on that $$ offer! I'm not trying to bash the card (as it is a great one to have for a Johan collector) but it really doesn't hold any real significance in my opinion as it is not a rookie card, it doesn't hold any type of significance in the hobby (ex. a subset commemorating 300 Win's or 500 HR's, etc) other than the serial # that is stamped on it- 1/1 (& they make more & more of those every year; also it is not as if Johan is deceased & there will probably be MANY more of his 1/1 auto's being produced for year's to come! SELL, SELL, SELL! :D

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think the FCB MB needs random drug testing.

HoustonTeams4Me said:
If you are making $$ on the card & aren't really into the player collecting thing on Johan then it would be a definite yes on that $$ offer! I'm not trying to bash the card (as it is a great one to have for a Johan collector) but it really doesn't hold any real significance in my opinion as it is not a rookie card, it doesn't hold any type of significance in the hobby (ex. a subset commemorating 300 Win's or 500 HR's, etc) other than the serial # that is stamped on it- 1/1 (& they make more & more of those every year; also it is not as if Johan is deceased & there will probably be MANY more of his 1/1 auto's being produced for year's to come! SELL, SELL, SELL! :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Given this economic climate...YES.

If you arent strapped and can hold on, I cant imagine he wont be mentioned for the CY...

Tough call I guess

Members online