Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need advice for my 1st time setting up at a card show!

What should I do regarding price labeling?

• Put a price on every single card.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Have been wanting to do this for a while and since there is a show about 2 minutes from my house this sunday I figured I would set up. I have a lot of base cards of pretty much everyone, a bunch of cheap rookie cards, a lot of prospects, a lot of cheap prospects refractors and numbered cards, some cheap game used cards, a lot of cheap auto's, and then the rest is mid-high end prospects and veteran auto's. Just curious to see what kind of techniques you guys who set up do and any advice you can give me would be great! :D

- Andrew

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
put prices on everything

ehh, do I have to :(

:lol:

Was definately going to advertise a deal for the cheaper things. Like 10 base cards for $1 or 5 rookie cards for $1 or 3 gu for $10 or $4 each, something like that

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Definitely put prices on them! My biggest pet peeve at shows is not having a clue what someone wants for something, then they wanna look it up, or just give you something ridiculous.

Even if it's a little high, at least you got an idea how much you're looking at. I hate asking for a price on something, only to be WAY overpriced or something. Most of the time, unless its something I desperately need, I'll just walk away without bothering.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
DWright5 said:
Definitely put prices on them! My biggest pet peeve at shows is not having a clue what someone wants for something, then they wanna look it up, or just give you something ridiculous.

Even if it's a little high, at least you got an idea how much you're looking at. I hate asking for a price on something, only to be WAY overpriced or something. Most of the time, unless its something I desperately need, I'll just walk away without bothering.

Okay I guess I'm leaning towards putting prices on the card. The show I am setting up at I dont think I have ever seen prices on the cards from any of the dealers! Maybe I can stand out ;)

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If you are offering base cards like 10 for a dollar you obviously don't need to put prices on those. Just create boxes of cards and put a sign on it saying 10 for a dollar, or 0.25 each.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
mredsox89 said:
If you are offering base cards like 10 for a dollar you obviously don't need to put prices on those. Just create boxes of cards and put a sign on it saying 10 for a dollar, or 0.25 each.

that was my plan for those

the cards that are laying flat on the table where everyone can see even with a quick glance at the table is where the pricing problem is

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
trademhigh said:
No need to put prices. If people are interested they will ask, trust me.

Now I am just very confused :?
When people see a price tag they are less likely to make an offer. But, if you state a price, you have a higher chance of them offering because it's not "written in stone."

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
trademhigh said:
numba1yankeefan said:
trademhigh said:
No need to put prices. If people are interested they will ask, trust me.

Now I am just very confused :?
When people see a price tag they are less likely to make an offer. But, if you state a price, you have a higher chance of them offering because it's not "written in stone."

I understood what you meant just that the first 2 people told me to put prices and gave their reasons and then you said dont and gave your reason. Maybe I have to make a poll?

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
What I do is price the higher priced cards. For the lower end GU, autos, ect I went and bought star stickers from Target, 5 different color stars in the package. I then put different colored stars based on price, then I print off a few sheets that gives the break down on prices. I also put at the bottom of the page that, "Cards are printed in ink and not in stone."

If you are going to do boxes of commons, have a price in mind if someone comes up and asks how much for the whole box.

As to your poll question, if I don't see prices on a table, I just walk by it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If you're offering X cards for $Y each, there's no need to price them individuall, just put them into a box or something.

If I see a card I like, but don't have to have, and there's no price - I just move on. I don't like asking and getting a higher amount that I was thinking, or asking if I don't know 100% if I'm going to buy no matter what.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Card Magnet said:
If you're offering X cards for $Y each, there's no need to price them individuall, just put them into a box or something.

If I see a card I like, but don't have to have, and there's no price - I just move on. I don't like asking and getting a higher amount that I was thinking, or asking if I don't know 100% if I'm going to buy no matter what.

that I will be doing.

I still kind of feel like adding prices on the higher end things can hurt just as much as it can help. One thing I am thinking is that since there is no one at this card show who actually labels prices, when people see something they are interested in they will ask for a price. They can't really think, "I dont want to bother asking, I'll just go to a table that lists prices," since their isnt one.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
$1.00 box , box for .25 or 10 for $1.00 . display higher priced items. I use ebay and beckett for average on higher items. team packs if a team nearby .take lots of change , i would take 20.00 in quarters and $100 ones . no change can mean no sale.
good luck ,have fun

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If a dealer has a card I want, and they either don't have a price listed or can't give me what they want I will just walk away, especially if it isn't a super rare card.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Always price what you can .And as mentioned before...have a price you are willing to accept for the whole box(if you have a box of low end stuff or 25 cent cards etc.).The last thing I like to do is sit there while a seller guesses what he will take and then comes up with a crazy amount he won't budge on all because he is aiming high because he doesn't want to undercharge for them.

And I don't like to have to ask about every single card either.I can look at most cards and tell from your prices whether or not if you did work down a little, whether or not I can afford it or not.I don't like to ask about several of your cards and then turn down your prices and then you get the old cold feet and decide I am not worth your time and then you are hesitant to show me anything else.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Oh yea, don't sell fake cards :lol:

Just remembered an experience at the local mall...

On a similar note, if you do price cards, please put the sticker on the front of the card. Just my opinion, but I hate having to pick something up and turning it over, as I've had to do before. I don't like to handle their mid-high cards.

Members online