Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ouch, Khalil Greene to the DL for social anxiety disorder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
As some of you know, I am (and continue to be) a big fan of his. I have seen how he can play. This anxiety has obviously become a huge issue for him--personally and professionally. I hope he can come back from this and enjoy the game and play the way I've seen him play before. I know mental problems are often seen as a sign of weakness, which is why they often go untreated (in the sports world, in the military, etc.), but I'm glad to see Greene is open to getting treatment. I hope Greene is able to take the treatment to heart and really let it work for him. I've seen a few people compare his anxiety issues to Grienke's. If Grienke can get treatment and come back the way he has, why not Greene?

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/05/29/khal ... s-anxiety/

Thanks,
Anthony

--------------------
EDIT:

Update: Khalil comes back, makes his first start. Hits a 2B and a HR and... fouls the ball off his foot and has to be pulled out of the game with a contusion. Man, I hope it's nothing major.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
This makes 2 players who have been put on the DL this year with this "condition"

Dontrelle and now Khalil.

Only in baseball.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I also suffer from this condition.I admit it sounds like ******** but it is a very crippling condition.It cost me my senior year of high school.Once I was properly diagnosed I have been in good health since.I wish him luck with his battle with this condition.
Mike

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Doesn't Aj Pierzynski suffer from Tourette's?
:p

I hope that Khalil gets the proper care and gets his life back on track. When he returns to the field he should hopefully see the success that he had earlier in his career.

-aarne

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
I have the same problem.It's seems so minor but when you have to deal with you realize that is is not.I have to take meds every day and probably will the rest of my life.It can really shut you down. :(

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
aarne13 said:
Doesn't Aj Pierzynski suffer from Tourette's?
:p

I hope that Khalil gets the proper care and gets his life back on track. When he returns to the field he should hopefully see the success that he had earlier in his career.

-aarne

As someone who has Tourette's Syndrome, I find that comment extremely offensive. Do a little research on it and find out how debilitating it can be and you wont be using the condition as joke anymore.

Best of luck to Khalil in conquering this issue.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Whem I worked for the Bridgeport Bluefish, one of my co-workers went to school with Khalil. She always talked about how he was a very nice guy, but he never went to parties, never drank, and always stayed in the locker room/dorm to watch video. He apparently always had an issue with social events, so he just would stop by and say hi to people for a few minutes and quickly leave.

If you have ever read about Khalil's lifestyle and upbringing, you would know how he has a very different spiritual outlook on life. I hope he can get past this issue and wish him the best.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Didn't mean to offend anyone. I have read up on Eisenreich and I do realize the hardship that TS causes. I had a couple of friends from University who suffered from social anxiety disorders so I have seen the impact first-hand.

diagnosed with socialized anxiety disorder in feb 1999. i have battled depression since then as well. i cant imagine playing baseball if i was having an anxiety attack. hell i cant even focus long enough to file my paperwork. i was on a diet of zoloft and xanax for a few years. my doctor switched the meds up thanks to the advice of someone on the board i am feeling better than i have in 10 yrs. i hope he keeps his head up and gets **** right!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, this has been going on for a while

He could have been placed on the DL about a month ago

I'm not sure if him going on the DL will change anything, but I really hope. I was really excited for him this year

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I hope he gets better and I do believe that it is possible to develop these disorders as a child and carry them on with you through life.But I also think its something that you can try to work on yourself.Sure you may need a little help but sometimes I think people let it get out of control.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
NECpilgrims8 said:
Whem I worked for the Bridgeport Bluefish, one of my co-workers went to school with Khalil. She always talked about how he was a very nice guy, but he never went to parties, never drank, and always stayed in the locker room/dorm to watch video. He apparently always had an issue with social events, so he just would stop by and say hi to people for a few minutes and quickly leave.

If you have ever read about Khalil's lifestyle and upbringing, you would know how he has a very different spiritual outlook on life. I hope he can get past this issue and wish him the best.

explain please?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Seems more and more people suffer from this, and those go undiagnosed too.

If you ever have giving speeches and get real nervous just before you have to speak,'
it is a form of this as well. But it is only temporary though. Khalil's situation is worst
enough to seek professional help though. Hope he can recover from this soon.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
P_Manning 18 said:
This makes 2 players who have been put on the DL this year with this "condition"

Only in baseball.

Vince Young was dealing with somethingsimilar to anxiety

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
colts1888 said:
P_Manning 18 said:

Only in baseball.

Vince Young just sucks and didnt have anyone criticize his play because he was a man amongst boys.... or with Texas his team was better than the competition.

The Titans blew that pick and are now realizing it. Plus it gives them a reason to bench hiim in favor on Collins. I'm not sure he can return as the QB.... if the 10 guys around you cant trust that you wont crumble once someone boos you.... they are better off just going in another direction.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
colts1888 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":2vftduho]This makes 2 players who have been put on the DL this year with this "condition"

Only in baseball.

Vince Young just sucks and didnt have anyone criticize his play because he was a man amongst boys.... or with Texas his team was better than the competition.

The Titans blew that pick and are now realizing it. Plus it gives them a reason to bench hiim in favor on Collins. I'm not sure he can return as the QB.... if the 10 guys around you cant trust that you wont crumble once someone boos you.... they are better off just going in another direction.[/quote:2vftduho]
So your a Dr., a coach, and a *******.

craw_song

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
Rudzud said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

explain please?

My understanding is that he is of the Baha'i Faith.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
mazarazz said:
P_Manning 18 said:
colts1888 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":xprgbevs]This makes 2 players who have been put on the DL this year with this "condition"

Only in baseball.

The Titans blew that pick and are now realizing it. Plus it gives them a reason to bench hiim in favor on Collins. I'm not sure he can return as the QB.... if the 10 guys around you cant trust that you wont crumble once someone boos you.... they are better off just going in another direction.
So your a Dr., a coach, and a *******.[/quote:xprgbevs]

My appointment book is full. Ill try to fit you in next Wednesday.

Members online

Latest posts