Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iphoner111

Aug 31, 2008
anyone want to deal with this ruckus guy he is spamming his auctions in every thread

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
iphoner111 said:
anyone want to deal with this ruckus guy he is spamming his auctions in every thread

If the spam is in the signature, then it's allowed per the terms of service..

His last few posts:

ruckus said:
sick..
i just started a few auctions for the cards pictured below in my sig. line.... very low opening bids (once you see them, i think you'd agree)....
2008 UD BALLPARK LOGO PATCH (1 out of 3-6 case HIT)
2008 UD PREMIER 'THE PREMIER CARD' Triple Auto/Triple Jersey (1 out of 5 case HIT)

click on the card pic below for more details,
or click here --->> http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/floridanews ..... thanks for looking.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Here's the excerpt...

But when spam becomes a dominant force in the highly trafficked areas of the site then it becomes too difficult to simply pass it over, you end up ignoring more than you actually read. Spam is still allowed on FCB, but now we ask that people limit spam to their signatures only. Your signature is definitely an acceptable place for spam, and it will show up every time you post for even more exposure. We believe this method will provide a more effective means of exposure for your auction and it will keep the boards clean.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
He doesn't just limit it to his sig. He is replying with the same junk in the post on stuff totally irrelevant to his spam.

MODS, please get rid of this guy!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
ruckus said:
i'm out man... just getting the word out on my auctions is all... i wasnt being malicous or nasty to anyone & you know it.... spamming a little? yes.. but hey, its the MODS job to keep that to a minimum... which is why Saturday Noon-3pm is a great time to get the word out on a forum like this one....
thanks to all who checked out my auctions... if you haven't... some nice, rare, cards... low opening bids... check 'em out here http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/floridanews

Take it Easy Fellow Collectors...
And Enjoy the rest of your Lovely Saturday...

He can try out our site again in a month.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
flightposite said:
ruckus said:
i'm out man... just getting the word out on my auctions is all... i wasnt being malicous or nasty to anyone & you know it.... spamming a little? yes.. but hey, its the MODS job to keep that to a minimum... which is why Saturday Noon-3pm is a great time to get the word out on a forum like this one....
thanks to all who checked out my auctions... if you haven't... some nice, rare, cards... low opening bids... check 'em out here http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/floridanews

Take it Easy Fellow Collectors...
And Enjoy the rest of your Lovely Saturday...

He can try out our site again in a month.

2vmhb3s.jpg2vmhb3s.jpg2vmhb3s.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Something should be done about his sig SIZE then. Sure the spam there is fine, but when your sig is half a screen long, it's a bit much. And maybe there needs to be a rule about putting pictures allocated SOLEY for your spam in your sig. And I'm not talking about thumbs, I'm talking big-ass pics.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
hive17 said:
Something should be done about his sig SIZE then. Sure the spam there is fine, but when your sig is half a screen long, it's a bit much. And maybe there needs to be a rule about putting pictures allocated SOLEY for your spam in your sig. And I'm not talking about thumbs, I'm talking big-ass pics.

True, I am on a 20" high res monitor set at 1600X1200 and I even had to scroll right... :eek:

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:

I messaged him to reduce the size like I do for everyone else. I so not think he will be back and if he does the same stuff if he comes back he will be gone for good.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Whoever is taking up for this clown obviously wasn't over on the transaction board's (he was literally responding to EVERY thread with: "Nice card's, you should go to my Ebay auction's at this link- yada, yada, yada) :| I kept waiting for a Mod to "zap" him but it never happenned (after reading his post, he obviously knew the Mod's wouldn't be here on a Sat. from such & such time's- as I looked for one at the bottom & there weren't any....He must have cased the site before he hit it up :lol: ). Good riddance & Good job Flight! :D

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
hive17 said:

I agree that the size was incredibly irritating. However, I think there needs to be some sort of control in place for repeated and deliberate spamming, as he was doing. I have no problem with someone mentioning their Frank Thomas auction in the Frank Thomas thread, or a similarly related issue. However, he posted something along the lines of 'nice ttm's...check out my sig for some great auctions' in the TTM thread. Obviously the post was of absolutely no value and did little but clutter up the thread and pimp his cards that were completely and utterly unrelated to the thread.

BTW, thanks for taking care of him flight.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
hive17 said:
And I'm not talking about thumbs, I'm talking big-ass pics.

I couldn't resist... (poor Chihuahua)

funny_815.jpg

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
subject to change said:
hive17 said:

I agree that the size was incredibly irritating. However, I think there needs to be some sort of control in place for repeated and deliberate spamming, as he was doing. I have no problem with someone mentioning their Frank Thomas auction in the Frank Thomas thread, or a similarly related issue. However, he posted something along the lines of 'nice ttm's...check out my sig for some great auctions' in the TTM thread. Obviously the post was of absolutely no value and did little but clutter up the thread and pimp his cards that were completely and utterly unrelated to the thread.

BTW, thanks for taking care of him flight.

I think the #1 rule of "don't be a dick" applies to the above mentioned scenario (& he broke that rule several times over).

Members online

Latest posts