Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad game worn jersey cards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Saw on blowout a guy showing off his Portis laundry tag size 48. Every legit gamer I've ever seen CP wear is size 44.
patchfb.jpg

Still not as bad as Jack Youngblood I saw with 02 year laundry tag.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Re: Portis Leaf Limited game worn jersey card?

Picture of the Youngblood. Too bad he retired many years before this jersey could have been worn.
attachment.php

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
tt14.jpg
77cmort.jpg
and this note on the jersey
The card’s photo depicts the a jersey which was sold at an American Memorabilia auction in 2000 as identified by the unique auto/inscription on the back which denoted it as being “Super Bowl XII game-worn”. While it cannot be discerned by the card’s photo of the back of the jersey, when auctioned by AMI, the catalog clearly showed the blue/red on white Russell Athletic manufacturer’s tagging on the front of this jersey, which dated the jersey style to post-1983--A jersey not only manufactured six years after Super Bowl XII, but also at least one full year after Morton’s 1982 retirement.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
You can see in the picture the jersey number was signed then stiched on later. No ink on the stiching itself. NFL.com auctions sells a lot of signed jerseys, not game worn. They just have players sign numbers then sew them on later on pro cuts and authentics.
attachment.php

ross9013

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I'm really confused and I think you have the wrong idea on half of these cards. Those numbers are not Years they are Sizes and Numbers from laundry tags inside of the jerseys.

All of the cards you posted are real. I'm guessing you are new to collecting football? At least I hope so.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
ross9013 said:
I'm really confused and I think you have the wrong idea on half of these cards. Those numbers are not Years they are Sizes and Numbers from laundry tags inside of the jerseys.

All of the cards you posted are real. I'm guessing you are new to collecting football? At least I hope so.

Card companies say thank you. These cards are all garbage. If only more card collectors went out and hammered these card companies and made them prove and keep records on the stuff they cut up people would be more interested in them. But they know most card collectors have no idea on correct gamer tagging and what sizes players wear.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Would Bills give Trent Edwards a jersey recyclyed form 2003?
attachment.php

They very well could have. Here is a certified gamer of Dante Hall of the Rams. The Georgia patch is 08, but the jersey is an 04

82Hall04-09JY.JPG

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
matchpenalty said:
You can see in the picture the jersey number was signed then stiched on later. No ink on the stiching itself. NFL.com auctions sells a lot of signed jerseys, not game worn. They just have players sign numbers then sew them on later on pro cuts and authentics.
attachment.php

That is very interesting. I have always been semi cautious of them. I stick to autographs since I feel those are much more likely to be legit

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
matchpenalty said:
ross9013 said:

Card companies say thank you. These cards are all garbage. If only more card collectors went out and hammered these card companies and made them prove and keep records on the stuff they cut up people would be more interested in them. But they know most card collectors have no idea on correct gamer tagging and what sizes players wear.

Definitely. I have one sizing tag and at least it is just 05 so I feel much more comfortable about that one than others.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Yeah it is possible Edwards wore a recycled jersey from 2003. But I wouldn't want it.
Other known wrong jersey size cards are found on this 7 page thread on GUU site.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_foru ... ood+jersey

Shows many size patched cards that don't match the known player jerseys. Like Drew Brees, Rivers, Favre, Merriman, S Jackson ect... and info on the ones I've already posted.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
ross9013 said:

Totally agree.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
wheeler281 said:
ross9013 said:

Totally agree.

Both of you are thinking wrong. Look at the Hall jersey I posted. It has year - size on the tag. So both are there. So that Edwards is from an 03 jersey not a size 3 jersey (which does not exist)

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
wheeler281 said:
ross9013 said:

Totally agree.

So You think Jack Youngblood somehow used a jersey that was year labeled 2002? Even though he retired in mid 80's.
Craig Morton wore a jersey in the Super Bowl, that was made 6 years after the game itself was played.
Kurt Warner wore a autographed jersey during a game. Where he signed the # first, has it sewn on. Then played in a game with it.
The Bills gave Trent Edwards. One of bigger name players a recycled jersey from 2003 to use four years later. It is common for some teams to recycle jerseys from years past going back a season or maybe even a couple like the one Brad posted. But mostly it's common types.
I don't know, but when I see all Portis gamers on JO site being a size 44, then see a card with size 48 on it. I wouldn't want it.
I'm just surprised no one really cares that card companies don't have to do something more to show where and how they got the gamers they cut up.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
matchpenalty said:
wheeler281 said:
ross9013 said:

Totally agree.

So You think Jack Youngblood somehow used a jersey that was year labeled 2002? Even though he retired in mid 80's.
Craig Morton wore a jersey in the Super Bowl, that was made 6 years after the game itself was played.
Kurt Warner wore a autographed jersey during a game. Where he signed the # first, has it sewn on. Then played in a game with it.
The Bills gave Trent Edwards. One of bigger name players a recycled jersey from 2003 to use four years later. It is common for some teams to recycle jerseys from years past going back a season or maybe even a couple like the one Brad posted. But mostly it's common types.
I don't know, but when I see all Portis gamers on JO site being a size 44, then see a card with size 48 on it. I wouldn't want it.
I'm just surprised no one really cares that card companies don't have to do something more to show where and how they got the gamers they cut up.

I thanked your post. I have stopped getting jersey cards since they are over produced anyways, but now that they stopped putting a picture on the back of the card of the jersey like how DLP used to do, I have become less interested as well.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Brad said:
matchpenalty said:
wheeler281 said:
ross9013 said:

Totally agree.

I thanked your post. I have stopped getting jersey cards since they are over produced anyways, but now that they stopped putting a picture on the back of the card of the jersey like how DLP used to do, I have become less interested as well.

same here, i have always been an auto kind of guy anyways.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
Brad said:
matchpenalty said:
wheeler281 said:
ross9013 said:

Totally agree.

same here, i have always been an auto kind of guy anyways.

Agreed. They are simply much more appealing than a plain swatch. I still like getting Press Pass and college jerseys though, but I would say at least 90% of my ebay wins are autos