Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA vs SGC grade and price comparison...couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
So basically what I am wondering is, if a card is graded PSA 3, does that equal an SGC 40 3, and can PSA's SMR be applied to the same SGC graded fairly accurately?

Thanks for any input.

Chris

EbAyAdDiCt

Aug 7, 2008
I would say in theory yes, however SGC seems to fall just short of the PSA price for similarily graded cards. Why? Perception is my opinion...........this seems to hold true across the board, with the exception being maybe pre-war cards. I have and have owned many SGC cards, and i see cards in PSA holders of equal grades selling for more (regularly). :(

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
EbAyAdDiCt said:
I would say in theory yes, however SGC seems to fall just short of the PSA price for similarily graded cards. Why? Perception is my opinion...........this seems to hold true across the board, with the exception being maybe pre-war cards. I have and have owned many SGC cards, and i see cards in PSA holders of equal grades selling for more (regularly). :(

I agree. I prefer SGC's holder too. I think it sets the card off so much better.

Members online

Latest posts