Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Awesome Mystery Cut Listed on eBay - Lincoln!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
A fellow collector that I know redeemed 13 of the SP Legendary Cuts Mystery Cut signatures. He got a few of them that actually sold for more than $100, but none of them came close to comparing to this gem.

What do you guys think this thing will wind up going for?

[ebay:20fuqm4i]390036786646[/ebay:20fuqm4i]

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
MaineMule said:
...it is Mrs. Lincoln....more or less than an Abe???

That is exactly what I said. Mislead me completely because I had thought it was Abe.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
chrome_ball said:
A fellow collector that I know redeemed 13 of the SP Legendary Cuts Mystery Cut signatures. He got a few of them that actually sold for more than $100, but none of them came close to comparing to this gem.

[ebay:3qam0zft]390036786646[/ebay:3qam0zft]

That is certainly an incredible piece. :shock:

I can't help but remember something about that seller. Was that seller affiliated with someone else on the boards? I know that name is familiar but can't recall???? Anyone???

gocubsgo

Aug 7, 2008
That seller sure has a lot of really nice Upper Deck stuff. No one can afford to bust UD in that large of qty and not be down hundreds of thousands of dollars. Seems odd to me.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Great Dealz Rob said:
[quote="chrome_ball":2ghk8pgv]A fellow collector that I know redeemed 13 of the SP Legendary Cuts Mystery Cut signatures. He got a few of them that actually sold for more than $100, but none of them came close to comparing to this gem.

[ebay:2ghk8pgv]390036786646[/ebay:2ghk8pgv]

I can't help but remember something about that seller. Was that seller affiliated with someone else on the boards? I know that name is familiar but can't recall???? Anyone???[/quote:2ghk8pgv]

That's Brian Gray... funny how he gets so many high-end Upper Deck pulls.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
[quote="chrome_ball":1gsu78gf]A fellow collector that I know redeemed 13 of the SP Legendary Cuts Mystery Cut signatures. He got a few of them that actually sold for more than $100, but none of them came close to comparing to this gem.

[ebay:1gsu78gf]390036786646[/ebay:1gsu78gf]

I can't help but remember something about that seller. Was that seller affiliated with someone else on the boards? I know that name is familiar but can't recall???? Anyone???

That's Brian Gray... funny how he gets so many high-end Upper Deck pulls.[/quote:1gsu78gf]

Oh, that's not who I was thinking, but very interesting info anyways. Thanks.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I will.

How many big dollar Mystery Cuts were sent to collectors and how many were sent to Dealers?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
George_Calfas said:
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I will.

How many big dollar Mystery Cuts were sent to collectors and how many were sent to Dealers?

No idea. How many? I would guess the numbers of redemptions from dealers would be higher than from collectors.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
She probably did sign far less signatures than Abe Lincoln but I can't believe that his wife would have a more valuable cut signature.

A

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Just so everyone knows, the card is for sale on Brian Gray's wwwaitexascom eBay account, but is a consignment item from a local from where his recently closed retail shop was located. This is from Mr. Gray himself.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
sportscardtheory said:
Just so everyone knows, the card is for sale on Brian Gray's wwwaitexascom eBay account, but is a consignment item from a local from where his recently closed retail shop was located. This is from Mr. Gray himself.

Yep, I got the tersly worded PM as well! :)

Members online

Latest posts