Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Vitters En Fuego

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I just sold two Sterling refractor autos on Ebay for $95 a piece. That's the highest they've been in a while. Hes raking right now, but do you guys think its a better move to sell everything now? He will probably be a top 15 prospect at the end of the year, and is only 20.

Any opinions?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Nick1190 said:
I just sold two Sterling refractor autos on Ebay for $95 a piece. That's the highest they've been in a while. Hes raking right now, but do you guys think its a better move to sell everything now? He will probably be a top 15 prospect at the end of the year, and is only 20.

Any opinions?

Sell.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
Those 20+ Sterling I got for around $17-$18 dlvd per a couple of months ago has turned out to be a solid buy :)

Heck, BGS 9.5s were going for low to mid $30's

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
josh3302 said:
Have this

2008 Tristar Projections Vitters/Ceda Dual Auto 1/1

Sell? How much?

Not much since Tristar (and other minor league sets) are pretty much garbage so I won't say much at all (especially being paired with an inferior prospect). Maybe $25 at most.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I had:
9.5 Blue auto
9.5 Sterling auto
and a 9.5 chrome auto

I sold them all when I caught wind of him possibly being traded to San Diego ::facepalm::

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Messier2 said:
josh3302 said:
Have this

Sell? How much?

Not much since Tristar (and other minor league sets) are pretty much garbage so I won't say much at all (especially being paired with an inferior prospect). Maybe $25 at most.

My heart breaks when you say this, because probably one of my best hits has been a Madison Bumgarner auto #/5, from tristar. I had high hopes for this card.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Hwilensky said:
Messier2 said:
josh3302 said:
Have this

Sell? How much?

My heart breaks when you say this, because probably one of my best hits has been a Madison Bumgarner auto #/5, from tristar. I had high hopes for this card.

I wish I could say something different. It's just that there so many better options out there for collectors that these get easily pushed to the side....being ugly cards doesn't help either.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Hwilensky said:
Messier2 said:
josh3302 said:
Have this

Sell? How much?

He's honestly not trying to break your heart or be mean in any way, but Tristar is really not a solid prospecting product. Sure, it's got some good prospect names, but you can't really expect to buy, hold, and sell with this stuff. It's practically worthless in the prospecting world.

Anthony

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
aminors said:
Hwilensky said:
Messier2 said:
josh3302 said:
Have this

Sell? How much?

He's honestly not trying to break your heart or be mean in any way, but Tristar is really not a solid prospecting product. Sure, it's got some good prospect names, but you can't really expect to buy, hold, and sell with this stuff. It's practically worthless in the prospecting world.

Anthony

I know. I was just busting ba@#@s. I got 3 boxes of this stuff for like $90. It was a fun product to open. I also got a Clayton Kershaw auto /50 that I also had high hopes for. JK

edit - on a side note. It made me curious, so I had to check the completed listings. If Ausitn Jackson 1/5 got $50. I figure Bumgarner is good for $51. ;)

Members online

Latest posts