Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell at UFC 95 In London?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
This is the rumor from top sources right now.

Apparently, both fighters have are great PR in London, and the fans like them as well.

In a PPV stance, I would buy this to see it, but, from a fight stance, after the way Chuck got handled against Rashad, I dont see why fighting Anderson would be a good idea.

Then again, to Chuck's defense, he could very well be able to block Silva's BJJ and get an upper hand that way, and you still cant count out his KO ability

(word is that Michael Bisping also wants a shot at Silva, so this could be a more realistic fight, as Bisping is from there)

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Interesting rumors. I'd like to see either fight happen, but would rather see Bisping Vs Silva. I'm not sure Liddell would be much of an obstacle for Silva but that's JMO.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
While it sounds great on paper, that fight is actually terrible. Why can't they give Anderson some real competition? Cote was nowhere near his league, and Chuck has been on the decline for a while now (and I am a Chuck fan).

GIVE HIM SOME REAL MATCHUPS!

Frustrating...

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
If Liddell would use all of his skills,then i would give him a chance against Silva.But Chuck just wants to stand and trade and that would get him tko in the 1st round against Silva.

He has a background in BJJ,Kickboxing and Wrestling.He should use it. :p

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
While it sounds great on paper, that fight is actually terrible. Why can't they give Anderson some real competition? Cote was nowhere near his league, and Chuck has been on the decline for a while now (and I am a Chuck fan).

GIVE HIM SOME REAL MATCHUPS!

Frustrating...

Who else can he fight? Rampage, Forrest, and Rampage are fighting in December. He WON'T fight Wanderlei or Shogun since they were old training partners. He doesn't want to fight Paulo Filho aswell. Who else could he fight? Lyoto? Thiago Silva? Maybe, but you know Dana would like to hype this fight up.

G

Why would Chuck even want this fight?

He would get owned by a Spider who's looking to prove something.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:

this is a fight that if Chuck somehow won though, it would put him right back at the top though. he'd be pretty much guaranteed to get a title shot for beating Dana's pronounced baddest fighter on the planet. maybe he's wanting the shortcut vs working his way back up the ladder.

G

peaceandlove said:
Sam Banks said:

this is a fight that if Chuck somehow won though, it would put him right back at the top though. he'd be pretty much guaranteed to get a title shot for beating Dana's pronounced baddest fighter on the planet. maybe he's wanting the shortcut vs working his way back up the ladder.

He'll get picked apart and embarrassed in my opinion.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
peaceandlove said:
[quote="Sam Banks":6tb3ymom]Why would Chuck even want this fight?

He'll get picked apart and embarrassed in my opinion.[/quote:6tb3ymom]

i agree. just stating why he would want the fight.

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
peaceandlove said:
Sam Banks said:
peaceandlove said:
[quote="Sam Banks":b8zitsog]Why would Chuck even want this fight?

He'll get picked apart and embarrassed in my opinion.

i agree. just stating why he would want the fight.[/quote:b8zitsog]

I guess maybe he thinks he can bounce back strong. After the losses to Jardine and Rampage, he bounced back and beat Wanderlei. I don't think he can beat Anderson Silva though