Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

paypal/ebay contact info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I have a bit of an ebay issue where I sent a package priority with insurance but did not buy DC thinking for some reason that it was included with priority, but it has led to this whole issue.

The guy says he has not received the package and obviously I shipped it so it is going to lead to a paypal dispute despite the fact that I told the guy I would personally refund his money if he still did not have the package after 3 weeks (the amount of time before a USPS insurance claim can be filed). But he's insisting on filing a paypal dispute which is kinda annoying since I did nothing wrong but whatever.

The guy at the post office told me I am covered no matter what since I insured the package so I'm not too worried about it, but obviously I would like to avoid all that and just have the package arrive.

Anyone with experience in these kinds of situations--
Would it do any good to contact eBay or paypal about this right now BEFORE he files the dispute and explain the situation to them? I didn't really do anything wrong at all other than making the inaccurate assumption that tracking is included with priority mail, so I really want to try to avoid all disputes,claims, and negative feedback if at all possible.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I know when I bring a package to the P.O., the insurance sticker has a trackable number just like D.C. does. however, I assume you have already exausted this possibility? Needless to say, you are at the mercy of the buyer whom apparently is hell bent for a refund at this point, yes? Well, without confirmation of delivery, there is nothing you can do in this case.

This is why anything I sell over $25 goes with D.C. and insurance. This is not a gaurentee it will not be disputed, but atleast it will cover me via damage or claims of not getting said items. On the short, lesson learned, no?

How the buyer responds, reguardless of what you do is not predertermined in any form of stone logic. Neg or not, just do what you feel is right as a quality seller.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I would let the buyer know that you plan on filing the insurance claim, and that it is imperative that he let you know if the package is received because it is a crime to make a fraudulent post office insurance claim.

Therefore if he truly didn't receive the package he'll be on board, if he received it and is for some reason "putting the screws" to you, he'll back off.

Regardless....to everyone reading...USE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ON EVERY SINGLE PAYPAL TRANSACTION.

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Regardless....to everyone reading...USE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ON EVERY SINGLE PAYPAL TRANSACTION.

Indeed. It's crazy how many people say they haven't received a card and want to know where it is, until I give them the DC proof of delivery. I never hear from them again sadly.

Latest posts