Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Im I wrong for leaving this kind of EBAY feedback on a card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
I bought a DAVEY LOPES auto for my WORLD SERIES DODGER collection. I offered the guy $5 , he took the offer . he charged like $2.50 for shipping and sent it in a PWE which he was charged $.64c for , not upset with the shipping , just upset of no bubble mailer . good thing no damage to the card...

any ways i gave him a positive feed back but put a comment ....something like ...great card , but $2.50 shipping and then to send in a PWE ?...

sorry if memeber is on these boards... :p

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I did the same thing for a card I received last week so I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing it out.

I'm also in the process of trying to return a damaged Matt Kemp blue refractor auto that arrived in a PWE without a toploader. People can be such a pain in the ass.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
CISCOKID23 said:
I bought a DAVEY LOPES auto for my WORLD SERIES DODGER collection. I offered the guy $5 , he took the offer . he charged like $2.50 for shipping and sent it in a PWE which he was charged $.64c for , not upset with the shipping , just upset of no bubble mailer . good thing no damage to the card...

any ways i gave him a positive feed back but put a comment ....something like ...great card , but $2.50 shipping and then to send in a PWE ?...

In my opinion you're even justified in leaving him a neutral for not properly shipping the card.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
rico08 said:
I did the same thing for a card I received last week so I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing it out.

I'm also in the process of trying to return a damaged Matt Kemp blue refractor auto that arrived in a PWE without a toploader. People can be such a pain in the ass.

::facepalm:: ....man oh man , hope you get ur money back...

oh and to top it off the guy sent me a message all pissed off about how i got the card cheaper than he did and what he charged for shipping didnt even cover the cost for gas and his time to go to the post office.....(I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT SMILEY TO USE AFTER THIS ONE )

marterburn

rico08 said:

:(

cisco, what you said seems about right. the end result is positive, so i say leave a positive.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
marterburn said:
rico08 said:

cisco, what you said seems about right. the end result is positive, so i say leave a positive.

i left a positive just cause the card was not damaged...

as a sad song plays in the back ground for the damaged KEMP card :cry: :cry:

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
rico08 said:

Amazing.

::facepalm::

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
A. Shipping and handling is an agreed upon amount at the time you place your bid.

B. If the item arrives safely and in good condition, the method of shipment matters not at all.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
CISCOKID23 said:

Who cares, be thankful it got there in one piece. Life is way too short to worry about someone's packing practices. I would have left 20 stars if it arrived in a reasonable timeframe.

I open so much mail I don't know what comes in a bubble mailer or filmsy envelope, I honestly could care less as long as the item isn't damaged.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
flightposite said:
A. Shipping and handling is an agreed upon amount at the time you place your bid.

B. If the item arrives safely and in good condition, the method of shipment matters not at all.

+1

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
flightposite said:

Most buyers expect a little more than a PWE for $2+ S&H charges. I don't think its unreasonable to mention delivery method and leave a positive if the item arrives safely.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
marterburn said:
rico08 said:

I got it for $71 delivered and it looked OK out of the envelope until I noticed the right corner was basically folded over.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
rico08 said:
Most buyers expect a little more than a PWE for $2+ S&H charges. I don't think its unreasonable to mention delivery method and leave a positive if the item arrives safely.

Does it matter what you say in a positive? How many people read positive feedback?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
CISCOKID23 said:
rico08 said:

::facepalm:: ....man oh man , hope you get ur money back...

oh and to top it off the guy sent me a message all pissed off about how i got the card cheaper than he did and what he charged for shipping didnt even cover the cost for gas and his time to go to the post office.....(I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT SMILEY TO USE AFTER THIS ONE )

So he drove all the way to the post office instead of just dropping it in his mail box? Oh, and he must live pretty far from a post office since it would probably have to be 15ish miles away to cost $2.50 in gas.

You left a positive, which is all that matters. The sellers that bitch about stars/feedback are idiots. Offer good service and you'll get a positive feedback. If this means not cutting corners to save a little bit of money then that's what you do. If feedback is that important to a seller they need to think about what they are doing to deserve that feedback.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
rico08 said:
flightposite said:

I must be in the minority.

It is a hypocritcal stance : Say for example someone offers FREE shipping and you buy the card you always wanted, a Longoria 2006 auto for example. It comes in a bubble mailer and it is off-centered and dinged on the back. For the same price of the card the seller charged $3.50 but it came in a PWE, perfect and in gem mint condition. You going to leave neutral feedback then?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
In this situation i would have done the same. Left a positive(or neutral) but it would have said:

The Good: Nice card. The Bad: PWE for $2.50 :(

Also, his DSR for shipping would get a low score from me.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
ru4scuba said:
rico08 said:

Does it matter what you say in a positive? How many people read positive feedback?

You're pushing for a neutral in this situation?

I know what it costs (to be a smart seller) and buy packaging in bulk or reuse envelopes.
If I pay more than $2 and a card comes in a PWE I'll leave a neutral. That's my personal cutoff.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
EricInCT said:
rico08 said:
flightposite said:

I must be in the minority.

It is a hypocritcal stance : Say for example someone offers FREE shipping and you buy the card you always wanted, a Longoria 2006 auto for example. It comes in a bubble mailer and it is off-centered and dinged on the back. For the same price of the card the seller charged $3.50 but it came in a PWE, perfect and in gem mint condition. You going to leave neutral feedback then?

Hypocritcal? You just said you don't even know what card comes from which envelope.

It isn't my fault I care about what sellers charge for shipping a card. You should too.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
I did the same thing last week. Left a positive, but a made a note that he sent in a PWE, even with 2.75 S&H. Hopefully me bringing this to the seller's attention will save someone else from getting a damaged card via PWE.

Members online