Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Q:Off Ebay Deal? Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Just wanted some insight/opinions on off ebay deals, basically the seller has a card up that I really want and at a decent price. I emailed him and asked if I could do some sort of payment plan this was the response.

Sure....I can do that....what do you have in mind? You can do one of two different things....you can use the buy it now.....and then send me a certain amount now....and I will hold the card until it is all paid and then send it to you......or you can send me a paypal payment direct to my email address for what you can pay now...........and I will end it once you do that and same thing hold it til you can pay it off completely and then send it....if you do it off of ebay the shipping is free! that way you save me about $20 in fees....so I can offer free shipping and upgrade to priority maill with signature confirmation AND insurance all for free! I am 100% reliable...I have perfect feedback and will do whatever it takes to make this work for you so you are happy and you will come back again and buy from me in the future...thanks my friend...let me know what you can do and we can go from there....have a great day.....and dont wait too long..I have about 30 watchers on this card...someone is likely to buy it at any time!

Has anybody had success in the past with off ebay deals with sellers?

Just got a response, I asked which he would prefer,and if he posted on any board
Mike...I prefer you to make a payment and I can end it tonite....that saves me more that if you
hit the BIN......I immediately get fees....so I would prefer to do it that way....if you do that, what is your first payment going to be? if it is agreeable between the both of us...you can paypal
me today at: and we can get started and I will end it when I get home from work today...email me back..and I am not on any sites for trading anmore...used to do beckett back in the day ...but sell exclusively on Ebay and will do deals on the side all the time with regulars and newcomers like you who eventually become regulars...thanks again and hope to hear from you soon Mike.....Gary

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
ive had plenty of luck, but that deal has a lot of rules :D
screw his fees, protection wise you may want to do that thru ebay.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
boomo said:

I hear ya, the card is pretty high-end at least for me and I'd hate to lose that sense of security.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
boomo said:

I feel the same way. He seems like he's trying too hard to work the deal off ebay.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
I've had good success with off eBay deals. usually, there is some wiggle room on the price by saving them on FVF, especially on higher ticket items. I would pay via Paypal to protect yourself.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
If you pay with paypal then you have no additional protection by buying through ebay. If you can save money by doing it off of ebay and the seller is OK with it I would choose that route.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
How long will it take for you to complete all payments? Hopefully your last payment will be made in time for you to still have protection on your first payment.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
uniquebaseballcards said:
How long will it take for you to complete all payments? Hopefully your last payment will be made in time for you to still have protection on your first payment.
Not sure, I'm only going to be able to make small payments each week, item is $300, anywhere between $30-$50 each week or more not too sure yet.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
righteousmike said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
Not sure, I'm only going to be able to make small payments each week, item is $300, anywhere between $30-$50 each week or more not too sure yet.

#1) There aren't 30 people watching the card. The seller is not being honest. That is a LOT of people watching a BIN item.

#2) He is trying to rush you into making a decision.

#3) The seller would never accept $30 a week IMO unless you are putting up $100 to start minimum.

#4) I have done $1000s worth of business off of ebay this year and have zero regrets.

#5) I would not respond to his email and continue to watch the item. Email him next week and negoiate on the price, I bet it will still be available.

My opinion and experiences.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.