Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper On June 8 SI Cover (Story Link Now On Page 4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Re: S.I. Is Growing 'Em Younger These Days

Jaypers said:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/02/las-vegas-prodigy-makes-sports-illustrated-cover/

I'll bet his parents are proud. :D

“It is just amazing. I’m so proud of him for all the work he has done,” said Ron Harper, his father.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

rico08 said:
Jaypers said:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/02/las-vegas-prodigy-makes-sports-illustrated-cover/

I'll bet his parents are proud. :D

“It is just amazing. I’m so proud of him for all the work he has done,” said Ron Harper, his father.

Oops, missed seeing that line.

The slideshow pics are amazing. Kid looks much older. And definitely has his gameface on.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Coming soon to S.I. - "The Next Big Phenom, Zygote Edition".

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

From the same people who proclaimed that Sizemore is "Without a doubt one of our generations greatest players." We'll see what happens. The kid does look good though. (No **** :D )

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

I think SI should just read, Next Babe Ruth. Just to make it a little more realistic.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Maybe next year they'll do an article on Bryan Harper's *****. I hear the boy that is produced from that is going to be a high draft pick in 2030...

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

JP, had you known this article was coming, would you still have done that trade?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

thefasterblade said:
JP, had you known this article was coming, would you still have done that trade?

Probably, yes. I still have three more auto patches. And a few dozen base cards.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

Pretty big expectations for a 16 year old to fill. Hes a man-child though, he looks like he is 25, not 16.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

Jaypers said:
thefasterblade said:

Probably, yes. I still have three more auto patches. And a few dozen base cards.

I was just wondering...of course, there was the undisclosed money aspect, but as we know the best thing for a prospect is National Hype.

A BGS 7.5 is up on Ebay with B/O at $700.00.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

I'm still wondering if he has any plans to get his GED and attend a JuCo so that he can be drafted a year early.

Guess I'll have to buy an issue to (hopefully) find out. Not seeing anything on SI.com yet.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

I think the most impressive thing I read was him throwing the ball from home plate down the line and over a wall at 350FT.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA

I'm not an expert on mechanics but I can't imagine his swing is all that good on his right ankle, especially for a catcher. Still super-impressive, though.

A_Pharis

Wow. His facial structure and solid "stubble fill" is pretty impressive for a 16-year old. My facial shape didn't fill out until I was around 18, but I've shaved since I was 14. Around 16, I had that kind of stubble around the end of the second day.

Members online

Latest posts