Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Teacher needs to vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
I thought I knew the value of baseball cards but I guess I didn't. I should have thought better and realized that baseball cards were just that, baseball cards but I didn't listen. Since 2000, I've lost roughly ~2.5k in collecting/buying baseball cards and reselling them. As I am selling everything I have now, I've realized that 2.5k could have been handy somewhere else. Heck, I prefer to even donate it to charity instead of putting it in cards. But lesson learned the hard way.

Lost $1.5K in David Wright BGS 9 Bowman Chrome GOLD AU RC
Lost $400 in TWO BGS 9.5 Bowman Chrome AU RC
Lost $500 in other random cards.

The END! Overtime here I come! End of Rant!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
teachervido said:
I thought I knew the value of baseball cards but I guess I didn't. I should have thought better and realized that baseball cards were just that, baseball cards but I didn't listen. Since 2000, I've lost roughly ~2.5k in collecting/buying baseball cards and reselling them. As I am selling everything I have now, I've realized that 2.5k could have been handy somewhere else. Heck, I prefer to even donate it to charity instead of putting it in cards. But lesson learned the hard way.

The END! Overtime here I come! End of Rant!

Do you still have the Wrights? His stuff is definitely going to rebound, I wouldn't call this a loss just yet.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Baseball cards are only a good investment if you are buying things with an investment type mindset.Otherwise...if you just buy cards you like...you will always lose your rear end.If I had to sell my Bagwell collection I wouldn't get a whole lot for it.Nothing near what I paid.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
How are you defingin these losses? by what you paid vs. what current ending auctions are going off at? If so, as was pointed out, you haven't lost anything until you sell for less money.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
teachervido said:
You bought some of those high-end Wright cards at the peak of his popularity.
He would have had to hit like Pujols to sustain those levels.
It's a rough lesson to learn. Sorry for your losses.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
hive17 said:
How are you defingin these losses? by what you paid vs. what current ending auctions are going off at? If so, as was pointed out, you haven't lost anything until you sell for less money.

You live and learn. Most have been sold already.

Members online

Latest posts