Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS labeled the card wrong...What can I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
As the title says BGS labeled one of the cards I sent in wrong.

I sent in a 1998 Sports Illustrated First Edition (1/1) and they labeled it as a 1998 Sports Illustrated Extra Edition which is actually numbered out of 500. I clearly wrote on the submission form that it is the first edition and nowhere did I write extra. Is there anything I can do without having to repay to have it re-encapsulated?

Thanks
-Eric

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Thanks for the help, I sent them an E-mail asking them about it and still haven't heard back.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
Thanks for the help, I sent them an E-mail asking them about it and still haven't heard back.

triple up on your emails for record purposes. I would send them to [email protected], [email protected], and yourself. Include the order number and the problem and that gives you the paper trail to have them take care of it.

I currently have an issue with a card they not only label it wrong, but they themselves do not even have a record of that card being from the set they keep labeling it from. I should know that notes included in with your orders do not get through to them, as that has been known since they started grading and I have tried in the past to communicate things to them through the submissions with no success.

If you do not hear from them by the middle of the week, let me know and I will give you a direct email of some one in the grading department.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
well after a few days I can't get through to them, can you please give me the E-mail of someone in the grading dept or possibly give them my E-mail?

Thanks

autocut

Try [email protected]. They may can lead you in the right direction. I have that same problem.

prizzuto1.jpg

As you can see it says 2001 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game Phil Rizzuto Bat when it should say Autograph/Bat which is a different set.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
autocut said:
Try [email protected]. They may can lead you in the right direction. I have that same problem.

prizzuto1.jpg

As you can see it says 2001 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game Phil Rizzuto Bat when it should say Autograph/Bat which is a different set.

I actually got the card fixed. I sent it back with my original receipt and a note stating that it was labeled wrong and what it should be. It was a 2-day turn-around and they shipped it back through fed-ex.

Hopefully it works out for you.

Members online

Latest posts