Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Thread 6/2/09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Soriano HR (13)
D Lee HR (6)...finally
Roy Halladay 9IP 14K, first to 9 wins. Peyton Manning, I want your Halladay Auto RC :D
Joe Mauer HR (12)
Finally, Nelson Cruz is moved up in the order, batting 4th: HR (15). Batting .295 on the year. If this guy doesn't get into the allstar game, it would be a disgrace.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Hanley Ramirez: 3/4, 2 R, 1 RBI, raising his average to .346. Wes Helms pinch ran for him for some reason, so I hope he didn't get hurt. The Sun-Sentinel said after his game yesterday he wasn't fully recovered, so I'm not sure what to think.

Man, does this guy come back from injuries well. After not playing full-time from the 26th to 29th, he is 11/18. This after he had his streak of six multi-hit games after coming back from another injury.

Hanley Ramirez is the best player in baseball.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
Hanley Ramirez: 3/4, 2 R, 1 RBI, raising his average to .346. Wes Helms pinch ran for him for some reason, so I hope he didn't get hurt. The Sun-Sentinel said after his game yesterday he wasn't fully recovered, so I'm not sure what to think.

Man, does this guy come back from injuries well. After not playing full-time from the 26th to 29th, he is 11/18. This after he had his streak of six multi-hit games after coming back from another injury.

+1

They said on MLB TV during live game look-ins that his groin was still sore but he refused to sit out

Hanley is a warrior

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Tigers lost. Loaded the bases in the 9th and then struck out three times in a row to end the game.

Jeff Larish needs to be sent down to the minors because he is physically incapable of hitting fastballs right down the middle of the plate.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Raul Ibanez just hit one. It's his 37th birthday, and it was number 200 for his career. Pretty good timing.

He also has a double.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I wonder what Papelbons WHIP is, I don't like how interesting he's been making his saves, hes turning into Todd Jones!

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Ian Stewart said:

Hammerin' Hanley strikes again. :D
bowmansbest.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
As posted above, aided by Mauers 12th HR in just 90-100 or so AB's, Kevin Slowey picked up the win to go 8-1 on the season. Joe Nathan recorded save #10, and thats about all the important highlights on the side of the Twins.

Twins over Indians 4-3

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Haren goes 7, allows 2 hits, 1 run, Ks 7, goes 3/3 at the plate, leaves with a 5-1 lead and.....

Gets a ND. AJ Hinch brings in Dan Schlereth with the bases juiced and James Loney clears the bases with a double to tie the game. Haren is far and away the biggest victim of a team's crap play this season. He has been STELLAR.

As for Hanley, he came out because it was 10-1 and there was NO reason to have him in when he's got about four different injuries going right now and was going to sit a game on this homestand anyway. I respectfully disagree that he's the best player in baseball though. Pujols will not be relinquishing that title any time soon in my opinion.

Members online

Latest posts