Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pet Peeve #318: Using Military Service to get deals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a **** and will do it anyway.

To be as brief as possible, a lot of things irk me. I don't like weird people. I don't like people who feel the need to beg. But what really has started irritating me more and more is when people feel as if them being in the Military means that they are entitled to a deal on a card. Look, I think it's great that anybody is willing to put their life on the line in the name of freedom. I really do. I plan on serving myself one day. But to use this to your advantage to try and get every little "perk" you can and get as many people to feel for you as possible is just ethically wrong.

I'm not naming any names, as I'm sure you know who you are and I'm sure you're going to PM me bitching, but come on. If I am wrong in this, please post here. I'll probably cut you down in some way or another, but whatever. I'm interested to see if anybody else agrees. I'm not trying to cause a shitstorm, I'm legitimately interested.

Any by the way, Justin Upton just hit a grand slam.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I know what you mean. This lady thought she should be able to cut in front of me at Schlotzkys the other day b/c she was in a wheel chair. I was thinking, bitch at least you get to sit down, quit crying!

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
i do agree, and think i know who you are talking about

Regardless, it isn't one person. It's many people. I know that sometimes our soldiers don't feel they get the respect they deserve, and I agree, they don't. But just because one serves in the army, why should they feel entitled to get discounts, deals, etc?

And Trevor, thanks for the laugh.

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
trevordchi said:
I know what you mean. This lady thought she should be able to cut in front of me at Schlotzkys the other day b/c she was in a wheel chair. I was thinking, bitch at least you get to sit down, quit crying!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a shat and will do it anyway.

To be as brief as possible, a lot of things irk me. I don't like weird people. I don't like people who feel the need to beg. But what really has started irritating me more and more is when people feel as if them being in the Military means that they are entitled to a deal on a card. Look, I think it's great that anybody is willing to put their life on the line in the name of freedom. I really do. I plan on serving myself one day. But to use this to your advantage to try and get every little "perk" you can and get as many people to feel for you as possible is just ethically wrong.

I'm not naming any names, as I'm sure you know who you are and I'm sure you're going to PM me bitching, but come on. If I am wrong in this, please post here. I'll probably cut you down in some way or another, but whatever. I'm interested to see if anybody else agrees. I'm not trying to cause a quit swearing, I'm legitimately interested.

It's not that I disagree, but I am glad you can admit you're an arrogant d-bag.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Wow I haven't spent a lot of time on the boards at night until the last week or so and there are WAY more personal attacks and insults at people at night than in the mornings.

People need to not take message boards so seriously.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
Ian Stewart said:
I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a shat and will do it anyway.

I'm not naming any names, as I'm sure you know who you are and I'm sure you're going to PM me bitching, but come on. If I am wrong in this, please post here. I'll probably cut you down in some way or another, but whatever. I'm interested to see if anybody else agrees. I'm not trying to cause a quit swearing, I'm legitimately interested.

If you were as wealthy, good-looking, and intelligent as I, you'd be the same way*.

* - Just kidding..

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
Ian Stewart said:

It's funny, my #1 pet peeve is arrogant d-bags.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
Ian Stewart said:

If aimed at me, am I supposed to be offended? Let down? Disappointed that, god forbid, a Moderator doesn't like me?

It's funny, because MY #1 pet peeve is people thinking that I actually care what they think of me on a message board... about baseball cards..

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
KandKCards said:
Ian Stewart said:

You really do personify arrogance. We've talked in the past and I know you're not a bad guy. But you come off like a horrible person and it's not a good quality. Don't take so much pride in talking down to people...

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":xuqbj00m]I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a shat and will do it anyway.

If aimed at me, am I supposed to be offended? Let down? Disappointed that, god forbid, a Moderator doesn't like me?

It's funny, because MY #1 pet peeve is people thinking that I actually care what they think of me on a message board... about baseball cards..[/quote:xuqbj00m]

I wouldn't think you would care what I think, nor should you, as you are obviously much better than any person on this board.

I was merely sharing my opinion on you being an arrogant d-bag, as you were yours (though i'm guessing you think yours is quite a bit better than anyone else on the board).

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
Ian Stewart said:

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
JEA2880 said:
KandKCards said:
Ian Stewart said:

You really do personify arrogance. We've talked in the past and I know you're not a bad guy. But you come off like a horrible person and it's not a good quality. Don't take so much pride in talking down to people...

Hello Pot. My name is Kettle.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
Ian Stewart said:
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":22egw1v3]I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a shat and will do it anyway.

It's funny, because MY #1 pet peeve is people thinking that I actually care what they think of me on a message board... about baseball cards..

I wouldn't think you would care what I think, nor should you, as you are obviously much better than any person on this board.

I was merely sharing my opinion on you being an arrogant d-bag, as you were yours (though i'm guessing you think yours is quite a bit better than anyone else on the board).[/quote:22egw1v3]

Yeah, I honestly do sometimes. People here are so afraid to speak their minds because they care what fat, single, 45-year old men who collect baseball cards care about them (sorry to the 80% of the people here i just offended). I, for one, don't and I feel my opinions better represent what most people think, but are too afraid to say.

And by the way, the Twins suck*.

* - Again, just kidding..

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
flightposite said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":3muwjtbr]
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":3muwjtbr]I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a shat and will do it anyway.

I was merely sharing my opinion on you being an arrogant d-bag, as you were yours (though i'm guessing you think yours is quite a bit better than anyone else on the board).[/quote:3muwjtbr]

Yeah, I honestly do sometimes. People here are so afraid to speak their minds because they care what fat, single, 45-year old men who collect baseball cards care about them (sorry to the 80% of the people here i just offended). I, for one, don't and I feel my opinions better represent what most people think, but are too afraid to say.

* - Again, just kidding..[/quote:3muwjtbr]

I disagree. I believe 80% of the board is only concerned with buying the new hot prospect to look cool amongst their fellow prospectors (whatever their personal appearance & life status be).

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
What goes around comes around....especially words like that.....always watch what you say because it could be you on a street corner begging to people who think like you...

TK

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
Ian Stewart said:
flightposite said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":3ccg6hr9]
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":3ccg6hr9]I'm sorry if this seems random and politically incorrect, but as many of you know, I don't really give a shat and will do it anyway.

I was merely sharing my opinion on you being an arrogant d-bag, as you were yours (though i'm guessing you think yours is quite a bit better than anyone else on the board).

* - Again, just kidding..[/quote:3ccg6hr9]

I disagree. I believe 80% of the board is only concerned with buying the new hot prospect to look cool amongst their fellow prospectors (whatever their personal appearance & life status be).[/quote:3ccg6hr9]

And why? Because they care what other people think.. it all ties together here, Bojangles.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Ian Stewart said:
People here are so afraid to speak their minds because they care what fat, single, 45-year old men who collect baseball cards care about them (sorry to the 80% of the people here i just offended). I, for one, don't and I feel my opinions better represent what most people think, but are too afraid to say.

I care what men of a medium build, mid-30's, engaged, who enjoy dancing, think.

Anybody wanna help me out? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts