Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If BA came out with a top 100 prospects list today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
If BA came out with a top 100 prospects list today, where would Desmond Jennings be?

His path to the majors hit a speed bump last season, but he's been insane this season. Where would he rate today? Where do you think he'll rate by the end of the season?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Topnotchsy said:
If BA came out with a top 100 prospects list today, where would Desmond Jennings be?

His path to the majors hit a speed bump last season, but he's been insane this season. Where would he rate today? Where do you think he'll rate by the end of the season?

Assuming he stays healthy, I'd rank him in the 20-30 range.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
50+ range.
Even with the numbers he has put up to this point?

I'm basing this off of the consideration that I don't think BA will rate M.Taylor in the top 70 or so & thier number's/age/level are very comparable. However, I do realize that D.Jennings has not had a difficult time obtaining "hype"/"love" from Baseball America (as they seemed high on him from early on), so I see D.Jennings being placed a good 20 or so spots ahead of M.Taylor (even though I think that is laughable)...Alot of times with BA it seems to be an "I told ya so" contest (they promote, award, & hype thier "prediction's" in the prospect arena throughout said prospect's career; & those player's whom outperform BA's evaluation/prediction have an uphill battle to receive that same recognition from BA). Just my 2-cent's! :D

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
45-50

Half a season doesn't do it for me. If he finishes the year the way he has started... 30-35

skrip

+1 no way is he in the top 20

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
ballerskrip said:
45-50

Half a season doesn't do it for me. If he finishes the year the way he has started... 30-35

skrip

+1 no way is he in the top 20
Between what he did 2 years ago and what he's doing this year, you think there are 30 guys in the minors with more potential than him?

Members online

Latest posts