Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Had a really great day! Nice pull and a present in the mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
After work, I drove a little out of my way to visit Dreams and Heroes Cards in McHenry, IL. On my last visit there, I saw they had one box of 2009 Heritage, and thought I'd go back and get it. Guess the box was calling my name. Boy, am I sure glad I did as I pulled this beauty out of it!

heritagemantle1.jpg
heritagemantle2.jpg

Then, when I got home, there was a UPS box from the Rockford Riverhawks. They are an independent league team. They had a Mark Grace bobblehead giveaway at their game this past Saturday. I had bought tickets to the game, but then had a wedding to go to that night. I wrote the team's marketing director and told him my story and showed him my website. I had put a blurb up about the game two months ago, so I told him I was doing him free publicity. He was a great guy and impressed with my dedication to collecting Grace. Not only did he allow me to exchange my two tickets for another game, but he also sent me the Grace bobblehead completely free! On top of that, when I opened the box, there was also an Andre Dawson bobblehead in it, which they are giving away in July. So major kudos to the Rockford Riverhawks and their front office. Funny thing is I exchanged my tickets for the Dawson bobblehead night, so now I'll end up with 3 Dawson dolls! Anyone need one?

1675.jpeg.300.jpg
(image from the Riverhawks website, I got the Grace and the Dawson. Didn't really want the Sosa.)

And that's my great day, thanks for reading.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
That is a sweet pull! I thought they only made the Arod/mantle one but I guess not. I'll have to pick one of those up eventually.

Members online