Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another new scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
First it was people making counterfeit rc's of the popular players, then it was people swapping out plain jersey swatches and replacing them with fake patches, now there is this new scam. Hopefully all of the card companies see this video of how easy it is and do something about, like going back to on card autos........I won't be holding my breath.

http://www.voiceofthecollector.com/2009 ... se-to.html

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
you know what though. The inexperience guys are guys that don;t do research are the ones they get. They would never get me with that crap. Adam as well has a nice write up about it

http://www.sportscardsuncensored.com/
Simple rules for most products is the COA on the back from the card companies etc

BTW Sick Malkin :)

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, you, me and the most of the die hard collectors would know, but the average collector who buys things here and there probably wouldn't have a clue this is even going on.

Thanks, I pulled it from my only pack of Sweet Shot his rookie year.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
very easy not to get taken if people just follow basic rules.

People need to quite being the victims and be held accountable for their stupidity

Same people that get taken on this scam are the ones that actually think they won the South African lotto(scam email that gets sent everyehere) and pay the fees/taxes yet they never have been to South Africa or even played the lotto ever...

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree, people are either too lazy to ask to see the back of the card or are just too dumb to realize what's real and what's fake...or they're both lazy and dumb. :lol:

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
mstng99tim said:
I agree, people are either too lazy to ask to see the back of the card or are just too dumb to realize what's real and what's fake...or they're both lazy and dumb. :lol:

true that brotherman! How do you get a differnent sig every time WTF is that lol

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
wheeler281 said:

People need to quite being the victims and be held accountable for their stupidity

Same people that get taken on this scam are the ones that actually think they won the South African lotto(scam email that gets sent everyehere) and pay the fees/taxes yet they never have been to South Africa or even played the lotto ever...

so wait...i didnt win the lotto?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/

It's pretty easy, just sign up for free, add the pics you want, and then it generates a link for you. Then all you have to add the link as your sig. I had trouble at first getting it to work, but this is what the link should like, if you plan on making one.

FCB.jpg

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
chisox3706 said:
wheeler281 said:

so wait...i didnt win the lotto?

hahahhahahhahaha. Damn it LOL

BTW Tim Thanks for the link. That MJ is silly. Love how the auto went onto the jersey

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
wheeler281 said:
hahahhahahhahaha. Damn it LOL

BTW Tim Thanks for the link. That MJ is silly. Love how the auto went onto the jersey

Thanks, my dad got it signed for me when he was a volunteer at the Mario Lemieux gold tournament. I pulled the card from a pack of cards that I bought at a gas station about a week before the tournament.

tenclubber

Apr 7, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I recently got scammed on ebay. I bought a Dustin Keller Topps Rookie Premier auto. Got it in the mail and the card stock was super thin, the lettering on the back of the card looked larger and more pixulated than his regular base card, and there was no Topps certified sticker on the back. This auto was ON CARD too! I emailed the guy and told him that it was fake and I wanted my $ back. He said fine but mail the card back. I said refund my $ then you will get your fake ass card back. He still hasn't sent me the refund. I have a PayPal claim open on it now and he has until tomorrow to respond...piece of crap... :evil: :evil:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i dont understand how this good scam anyone? a card would still have to say authentic autograph somewere on it

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
All it takes is not showing the back of the card and a crappy pic and the occasional collector probably wouldn't even have a clue it was fake.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
mstng99tim said:
All it takes is not showing the back of the card and a crappy pic and the occasional collector probably wouldn't even have a clue it was fake.

thats the big problem.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
KOBEARODLT said:
i dont understand how this good scam anyone? a card would still have to say authentic autograph somewere on it

Well, like mentioned earlier, this won't scam guys like us that live and breath cards and collectibles, but guys who just buy the odd card here and there, im sure it has and well continue to.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Already knew about this back in 2006 when someone slapped a Jay Cutler autograph onto the back of a Willie Reid Classics.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Brad said:
Already knew about this back in 2006 when someone slapped a Jay Cutler autograph onto the back of a Willie Reid Classics.

:lol: i remember that. Didn't he try to sell it for $2000 or something crazy? ::facepalm::

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
Brad said:

:lol: i remember that. Didn't he try to sell it for $2000 or something crazy? ::facepalm::

Yep, and sliqwill proved how he did it by taking the sticker off a Paul Pinnegar to prove how easy it in fact was.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Actually, the Bowman Chrome Autos are near impossible to recognize without expertise. They have no language on the back, but are easy to spot when you know what to look for.

I just found a Peterson like that.

Members online

Latest posts