Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hilarity that is the Modern Baseball Card Market (Long)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Wow, I read most of your well-thought out piece, well done!

Sometimes price increases only occur when the player receives a burst of new exposure. It would be interesting to analyze google web searches of the player in question against card prices.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Great Read, you make a lot of good points.

I think between our two posts over the last two days, we could probably put together an entire book :lol:

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Great Read, you make a lot of good points.

I think between our two posts over the last two days, we could probably put together an entire book :lol:

I have another one planned tonight or tomorrow that should trump both posts ;).

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":31ntrk64]Great Read, you make a lot of good points.

I have another one planned tonight or tomorrow that should trump both posts ;).[/quote:31ntrk64]

Nice, I was thinking about writing another one today as well since my first one got such a nice response, but I have not started it yet. We should combine our stuff and turn it into an eBook to be sold on eBay for the friendly price of $19.99.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
bromance_logo.jpg

Hahahaha. Just kidding. :D

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Here's my favorite part:

From your Craig Brazell's to your Ryan Howard's to your Josh Hamilton's, it is never too late to give up on a prospect.

Truer words never written, whatever they mean.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
That was a great article, but I thought this was all common sense by now. I know that this is how I've felt for years now. You're still getting thanked though

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Great read, but I question this being about the "Modern Baseball Card Market". It is pretty much exclusively about the Modern Prospect Card Market.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
That was a great article, but I thought this was all common sense by now. I know that this is how I've felt for years now. You're still getting thanked though

+1. But as with All the Hypes post yesterday, anything that has anything to do with prospects that looks like it took a bit of thought and you are received as a genius.

Though it is a good read for all the kiddies who like to buy Jaypers' prospect de'jour.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
flightposite said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

+1. But as with All the Hypes post yesterday, anything that has anything to do with prospects that looks like it took a bit of thought and you are received as a genius.

Though it is a good read for all the kiddies who like to buy Jaypers' prospect de'jour.

Do you ever add anything positive to these boards? From what I hear, you are a pretty decent guy, but all I've ever seen from your posts is negativity.

Guy obviously put some serious time and thought into writing this for the enjoyment of yourself and anyone else who is willing to take 10 minutes to read it, as I did with my post yesterday. Obviously a number of people enjoyed both of these posts, so the goal seems to have been accomplished.

If you're gonna make a negative post like this, why not just refrain from posting altogether?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
flightposite said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Point taken. No more soup from now on.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
flightposite said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Do you ever add anything positive to these boards? From what I hear, you are a pretty decent guy, but all I've ever seen from your posts is negativity.

Guy obviously put some serious time and thought into writing this for the enjoyment of yourself and anyone else who is willing to take 10 minutes to read it, as I did with my post yesterday. Obviously a number of people enjoyed both of these posts, so the goal seems to have been accomplished.

If you're gonna make a negative post like this, why not just refrain from posting altogether?

took the words from my mouth. i too have heard great things about you giving away nice stuff, but you're posts are often very negative.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
flightposite said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

My opinion is not valid because you don't like it? I stated that it was a good post, but it seems to be all commonly held knowledge in the prospecting world, does it not? I also stated that it was a good read if you don't know how things work.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
flightposite said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
flightposite said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

My opinion is not valid because you don't like it? I stated that it was a good post, but it seems to be all commonly held knowledge in the prospecting world, does it not? I also stated that it was a good read if you don't know how things work.

Is this not a blatant insult to both myself and the OP of this thread? Because that's definitely the way both of your last two posts in this thread have come off.

Members online