Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Drabek's first AA start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
So I'm sitting here right behind homeplate at the Reading Phillies game watching Kyle's first start and I just realized I'm sitting directly behind Joe Savery and Ruben Amaro.

Kyle's first inning was rocky but zero runs were scored. Inning number two was a breeze.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
We're getting rain down near the 'Ville, hope it holds off for you...

I was going to the game too, until wife's work schedule changed up, Enjoy!

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Kyle has now pitched 6 shutout innings giving up only 3 hits. I also spent an inning talking to RyanHowardFan from the boards. That was cool.

It was great to meet you Jim. It seemed like we were on the same page on everything. :lol:

It was so impressive to see all the scouts and front office people. Ruben, Dallas Green, and Chuck Lamar were a sight to see.

Also the guy directly in front of me was with Seattle. :?

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I was in attendance as well. Nice park. It was my first time there. Drabek looked pretty darn good! The rain was rough, especially in the late innings. Overall, I had a great time!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
kentuckyderby said:
jeremy said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Carlos Santana is like 5 foot nothing. Dude is tiny.

why is carlos santana at a minor lg game

the best part is that you might not be joking Jeremy

JIm, what's your opinion on Savery these days?

I hope it works out for him
He was fun to watch in CWS with Rice

Savery is pitching better, but he hasn't looked dominant at all. He's a big dude though. What I didn't realize, and RyanHoward06 pointed out to me was that the guy next to Savery was Vance Worley. They were both charting pitches and using the radar gun.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Hey guys hope you had fun! Yep, was in Trenton tonight for Jesus Montero's AA debut. The kid looked damn solid and got his auto after the game. No rain at all in Trenton, but it is pouring there now.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
xcantgobackx said:
I was in attendance as well. Nice park. It was my first time there.

Agreed. I think they've won MiLB organization of the year a bunch of times. Also, sometimes you can get the All You Can Eat seats for less than $10. If not, their food is good and it's only 1 exit from the "main strip" for town anyway.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
jbone17 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
How does Michael Taylor look?

He was nasty when I saw him in Lakewood last year. He is even more beast like from what I hear from the AU collectors at Trenton.

Like a ballplayer. The guy can do a bit of everything. He can hit for power and average. He can steal. His arm (by what I saw tonight) is above average. I'm very impressed.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
xcantgobackx said:
jbone17 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
How does Michael Taylor look?

He was nasty when I saw him in Lakewood last year. He is even more beast like from what I hear from the AU collectors at Trenton.

Like a ballplayer. The guy can do a bit of everything. He can hit for power and average. He can steal. His arm (by what I saw tonight) is above average. I'm very impressed.

Cool beans!

i remember on BMB when the MTaylor threads started.
hes a rare prospect that only has one MLB RC

Members online

Latest posts