Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordon BECKHAM just called up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
I'm listening to Ozzies post game interview and the 2nd question was where/when is Beckham coming up and he just said he is on his way and the he will bat between 7th-9th...don't know much more than this...as he went to another question...

GO SOX :D

Just got a little more info, he might be in the game tomorrow...and that Wilson Betemit was sent down....

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
sold my gold fine 9 for 275 last week

got a blue ill scan tomorrow and sell too

go gordon!!

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I don't think he was "just called up". Maybe Ozzie expressed interest in him coming up or stating he is, but hes not called up yet.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
thefasterblade said:
I don't think he was "just called up". Maybe Ozzie expressed interest in him coming up or stating he is, but hes not called up yet.

YES HE IS, there is a press release that just stated that he will be in the majors tomorrow...this is not speculation but fact...to make room for him Wilson Betemit was optioned to AAA....

Apparently the White Sox' patience has run out. Gordon Beckham, the organization's top prospect, is to be called up prior to tomorrow's game and Wilson Betemit is to be designated for assignment.

Beckham spent just six games in Charlotte and his hitting, which had been very good in Birmingham, was torrid in AAA. He also played five of those six games at third base but had a couple errors.

Ozzie Guillen is quoted as saying Beckham will be in the starting lineup tomorrow. Purchase your tickets now, Sox fans.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I love Beckham and have a good amount of stuff, but why the hell is he in the MLB and Posey is at High A??

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
KandKCards said:
I love Beckham and have a good amount of stuff, but why the hell is he in the MLB and Posey is at High A??
Posey was/is a bit overrated, and he's working on his defense.

Members online

Latest posts