Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Removing labels from inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
disregarding if these cards are worth more with or without the label, i think they are hideous with the label on. I have heard that because they are so old that the labels are a mess to peel off.

Just curious if anyone has attempted and succeeded?

Any tricks? Gunk off works wonders removing labels from windows... :lol:

9218_1.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
hofautos said:
disregarding if these cards are worth more with or without the label, i think they are hideous with the label on. I have heard that because they are so old that the labels are a mess to peel off.

Just curious if anyone has attempted and succeeded?

Any tricks? Gunk off works wonders removing labels from windows... :lol:

9218_1.jpg

The older Select Mirror inserts (95/96 I believe) are a pain in the ass to remove and so those are better left on there. As for the 97 Pinnacle Certified/Totally Certified, those came off quite easy, just a matter of finding good spot to start and taking the time to remove. In a previous conversation with another board member, if you're sending to BGS for grading, take the labels off. I learned my lesson from the last group sub (surface grades were 9 or less) and so when I sent in the Certified Mirror cards, I removed the label before sending out.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I echo what PJF stated.

Look for a corner or edge that is starting to peel, touch it with your thumb and peel, supper easy and needs to be done if they are going to BGS, less important for PSA.