Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gonzalez promoted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
From Rotoworld:

Rockies purchased the contract of outfielder Carlos Gonzalez from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Rockies manager Jim Tracy said Thursday that he'll try to find Gonzalez five starts a week. If that's the case, he's worth adding in NL-only leagues and even some deep mixed leagues. The 23-year-old was batting .339 with 10 home runs, 12 doubles, seven triples and 59 RBI in 47 games at the Triple-A level. He's also a threat to steal a couple of bases. Jun. 5 - 10:21 am et

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
LLWesMan said:
ru4scuba said:
Messier2 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong....wasn't he already up last year with the A's?

Yes.... I still can't believe we gave him and Street up for what looks to be a half-a-season rental. ::facepalm::

Half season rental + whatever prospects Beane can get back - or compensation picks.

True... but Street would of been useful in the pen this year and I still see potential in C-Gone.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
His terrible plate discipline...his good seasons in the minors were all in favorable hitting parks.

Moving from Oakland to Colorado should in theory help him. Worst hitting park to one of the best, but still, I have caution with him. He couldn't hit a lick again this spring when given a shot to win the job. He just Ks way too often.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
thefasterblade said:
His terrible plate discipline...his good seasons in the minors were all in favorable hitting parks.

Moving from Oakland to Colorado should in theory help him. Worst hitting park to one of the best, but still, I have caution with him. He couldn't hit a lick again this spring when given a shot to win the job. He just Ks way too often.

I do agree the K's were a problem ... we'll see if he's really turned the corner that his 16.67% K-rate (32/192) this year shows ... that is a phenomenal rate for a player like him (26.8% K-rate last year with the A's). He is still only 23 years old and has been touted by scouts and BA for years as being special, so I'm not writing him off just yet ..

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He was probably rushed to the Major Leagues in 2008, instead of spending a season where he could conceivably improve or polish some of his skills.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Casey2884 said:
From Rotoworld:

Rockies purchased the contract of outfielder Carlos Gonzalez from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Rockies manager Jim Tracy said Thursday that he'll try to find Gonzalez five starts a week. If that's the case, he's worth adding in NL-only leagues and even some deep mixed leagues. The 23-year-old was batting .339 with 10 home runs, 12 doubles, seven triples and 59 RBI in 47 games at the Triple-A level. He's also a threat to steal a couple of bases. Jun. 5 - 10:21 am et

Dohhh!!! I'm going to the Sacramento Rivercats vs. Colorado Skysox tomorrow night. Gio just pitched and Mazzaro has been called up already. Hopefully I can add Gio to my 2009 Rivercats team ball. Mazzaro is already on it :) Gio was up with the A's when I went to my last game so I wasn't able to get him that time.

Members online