Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Woo Hoo, now, I'm a respectable HOF player collector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I finally won the card that, IMO, is like a VIP pass for anyone whose player they collect is a HOF'er.

This card will be the new centerpiece of my collection and i can't wait to get it in. Sure it was expensive, but it's a HUGE check-off from my wants list.

All I need now is some sort of bat barrel and i can settle down.

(The Yount of course)

BTQ3VQBGkKGrHgoH-D8EjlLlcYWBKHfRcKU.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Nice man, I dropped alot on my Puckett a few years back. I'll have to scan it so we can turn this into a show off thread

I guess I do have an ebay scan of the one I've had forever in my bucket. I'll get my crap together and replace it with my own scan tomorrow

Puckettgog.jpg

Welcome to the club!

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Why do these cost so much? How much are we talking about? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this set.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
17ROCKIES12 said:
Why do these cost so much? How much are we talking about? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this set.

Alot of the cards are SP, and its a landmark set for HOF/Retired autos. Yount and Puckett are two of the more expenive ones in the set, Pucketts books 100 more than the Yount, but they're both SP and they are up there in price.

I was in a bidding war with a couple others, and I paid 250-275 for mine. I'm sure they can be had cheaper now, but as far as Puckett goes from the set; don't expect to pay less than 150. It books 450 making it one of Pucketts more valuable if not his most valuable regular Auto. Yount is at 350, and the king of the crop Schmidt is somewhere around 700. I think there are even a couple that were soo SP'd that they don't even book

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I paid $213 DLVD and that seems to be hobby standard, if not a little cheaper. I was hoping that, since this was an auction that ended on a Wednesday night, I'd get a better deal (<$200), but the set and the SPs still hold thier cache.

But I don't care. Other than crazy 1/1s and the aforementioned bat barrel-type cards, this is his best/most expensive auto.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
i once had that card - but sold it, picked up a different Yount auto + still had cash to spare.

It's a super card - but I wanted a cheapr Yount for my HOF collection.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
Checklist for the Set?? and what was the year??

2000 Greats Of The Game Autographs, not sure if Big Mac is in it or not

McGwire was still active then, and I've never seen a copy of it, so I'm quite sure he doesn't have an auto in the set.

Members online

Latest posts